Chapter Thirty Eight

Ely's P.O.V

Another day passed, and another 24 hours waisted, which I will never be able to get back. All I ever do is sleep here. I'm either getting tortured by him or I'm sleeping. There's nothing much to do in this hell hole. But this time that I woke up, he had left me something. He somehow brought in a TV.  But it was an old TV. A TV from like the early 2000's. It was on a cart which had wheels to move it easier. The controller was set next to me with a sticky note on it. "Turn it on" was what it said. I carefully hit the power button to see the TV lighten up. It was on the news. I saw Johnson's face all over the news. I turned up the volume to hear "And so it is said that the internet sensation pop artist Jack Johnson, partner of Jack Gilinsky, is now set to be Yarely Reyes' kidnapper". I immediately turned the TV off at the sound of hearing that. I dropped the controller, and sat at the corner of the room as usual. So Johnson is the one behind all this? He's my kidnapper? But, why? What did I ever do to him? I thought we were friends. All these thoughts flowed through my head, not knowing why Jack would have a reason to do this to me. I cried. Many tears flowed out of my eyes, as I now find out who my secret admirer is, if this even is true. It sickens me to think I was even friends with him. It made me think. Was offering me to sing with him a plan of his? Was Gilinsky in on this too? I only wished I would've never accepted his offer thinking it would've saved me from all this. Saved me from all this pain I've been through. Not only physical pain but internal pain. I've cried so much these 2 months. Possibly even more then what I've cried my entire life. I'm weaker then ever. I feel so dehydrated from all the tears I've cried out. I feel so thin. I hardly eat here, and the stress and fear caused me to lose a couple pounds. My hope slowly fades away, but my anger grows. The hope of reuniting with my loved ones fades, but my anger towards Jack grows. Knowing that one of my so called 'friend's' is behind all this makes me sick. I now think of him in disgust.

Johnson P.O.V

"When can I get out of here!" I yell while banging on the bars. It's only been a couple hours, but I can't stand to be in here any longer. It was around 9 pm already and Gilinsky is still here with me. Everyone one else left already except him. I wonder if he believes me on this. If he knows I didn't do it, or if he doubt's me like everyone else. He's been my best friend since we were children. He should know me by now. He was just sleeping on a bench on the other side of the cell. A lady walks in. The same lady that was questioning me earlier. Her name, Mrs.Cole was it? "Hello Mr.Johnson how have you been?" I scoffed at the stupid question she just asked me. "Well then, I came to tell you about your day of court. It'll be a week from now." She smiled at me. Why would this be any condition to smile? "Okay " was all I said. I was annoyed. I

was tired as well. Since there was a bed in the cell I just decided to sleep. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but I still tried to sleep.

A/N
This is a much shorter chapter because I'm trying not to give much away because I plan on ending this book tomorrow! It might be short too, but you'll get to find out whether it is jack or not!
Do you actually think Jack did it? If you don't who do you think is behind this? (;