Chapter 8: The Morning After

(the picture doesn't make sense until later)

Previously on One Night:

    "Here's an idea. Why don't Tessie and Riker take an Uber to wherever and then we could go home and Riker could just take the Uber back to our place." Ross suggested.

    "Great idea!" Riker said, putting me back down on the floor, "make sure you have all your stuff Tessie."

    I took a quick glance around the room and made sure I had everything.

    " Yep I'm good. Bye guys!" I said waving, " Hope to see you soon!"

    " Bye!" They all said back.

I turned and closed the door behind me.

______________________________________________________________________

Tessie's POV:

    We stood on the sidewalk outside of the venue holding hands. I was surprised that there were no screaming fans running up to Riker, but I guess it was pretty late. It started getting chilly so I hugged Riker and snuggled up to his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He was still looking at his phone trying to make sure the Uber knew where we were so he draped his one arm over my shoulders. After about 2 more minutes, he shut off his phone.

    "Alright, one is heading this way. Says she should be here in the next 5 minutes," Riker said, putting his phone is his back pocket.

    "Mm-kay," I mumbled my reply into his sweet smelling shirt. He lowered his head so that his lips were right next to my ear, still hugging me. Then he slowly and softly started singing Ain't No Way We're Goin' Home   drawing out the notes so that the song would last longer. I smiled and huddled deeper into his chest, unsure if the chills that I was experiencing were just the bite in the cool air or the presence of Riker's lips so very close to my skin.

    When the Uber driver finally pulled up, I didn't want to pull away. Reluctantly I did and Riker opened the door for me. I smiled at him and he flashed one back. Gosh, I love his smile. I sat down on the leather seats and gave the driver my address. As I started to drift off, Riker placed my hand in his and my head on his shoulder. I slowly closed my eyes.

    "We're here, it's time to wake up Tessie." Riker said quietly.

    I lifted my head off his shoulder only to realize that I wasn't in the car anymore, but in Riker's arms, bridal style. We were outside of my apartment complex.

    "Thanks for everything," I said, I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. I climbed down from his arms and gave him one last hug. I dug my keys out of my purse (A/N that purse literally appeared from nowhere but I couldn't figure out how to rewrite that part.) and opened the front door. There was only one dim hall light on. I turned around.

    "Goodbye," I said softly, giving a slight wave. I closed the door, but watched him walk down the sidewalk and back to the Uber that was waiting him out of the front window. I sighed, this definitely was a life-changing night.

**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

(Still Tessie's POV)

    I woke up the next morning and and rolled over to check my phone. I grabbed my glasses so that I could actually see what I was looking at. These weren't the cool, hip, and trendy "nerd glasses". Oh no, these were the thin oval-framed ones. The ones that really were nerd glasses. (A/N picture at the top) I had begged my mom for years to get new ones, she always refused. I mean, they still worked well. I could see that it was 8:30 and I had 3 new text messages. I looked at the first one that was sent last night.