Ch. 21 *Real One Guys!*

Start from the beginning

“Look, I, we, whoever, needs some serious sleep.” I sighed and began to turn around.

“Not until this is settled!” She yelled right before thunder shook the entire building. I slowly faced her again to see anger had replaced her innocent bliss. “You’re so brilliant and dumb; just like Edward.”

“Don’t you compare me to him!” I hissed, lighting struck outside and lit up the room.

“Then stop being so blind.” She whispered, her face softening. The storm outside took a break for the first time in four hours and I started to get it.

“My reflection,” she smiled and nodded for me to continue. “You’re not some ‘other part’ of me; you’re just me.” My voice broke. “I’m that violent. I’m that dangerous. I’m that insane.” My knees gave out and I caught myself on the countertop.

“Think of ‘Storm’ as more of a…” she took a moment to choose her words. “Survival mode.” After a few seconds I stood back up and looked into her smiling face. “You’re not insane, necessarily, but you have a violent survival instinct because that’s what you’ve been exposed to since a young age.”

“Great, now my reflection is my psychologist.” I grunted, smiling a bit.

“I’m just trying to help us.” She shrugged.

“So there’s no Storm, or Chesh, It’s just me.” I spoke slowly to let the truth sink into my head.

“Just you; I believe that now that you’ve come to terms with that, you won’t have so many problems.”

“Well, thank you then… I think.” I chuckled. “I mean, I still am talking to myself.”

“It’s only a problem when you answer back.” She winked at me and then my reflection was nothing more than that; a mirror image of me.

“I think I can sleep now.” I yawned, making my way out of the green-lit room. I can’t remember if I even made it all the way down the stairs before I blacked out and dreamt of killer rabbits attacking the innocent witches who conjured marshmallows that carried AK-47’s….

You can’t judge me anymore; you lost those rights two books ago.

--

 “I SEE YOU DRIVIN’ ROUND TOWN WITH THE GIRL I LOVE AND I’M LIKE, FORGET YOU!”

“Aghhhh!” I jumped up from my slumber and started tumbling down the stairs. My face was just about to smash into the cement before I flipped myself onto my feet.

“And ten points goes to the klutzy sleeper.” His velvety voice chuckled from my TV speakers.

“I’m going to kill you.” I growled, looking up at his smirk. “Edward-motherfricking-Nigma, I’m going to come to your hide out, tie you down and filet the skin off of your body while you’re still breathing. Then I’m going to pour salt over your exposed flesh and muscle and laugh hysterically before calling an ambulance.” Edward’s face stayed the same, but his panic was extremely evident in his eyes. I stood in front of my television and glared for a few more seconds before smirking. “Gotcha.” I winked.