†† Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

               "Because you were a vampire?"

               She nodded her head.

               "I couldn't bring them into this world." More tears escaped her eyes, now I felt really bad. Stupid curiosity. "They had a kid to raise. Dropping the V bomb wouldn't be the smartest move."

               "Did they ever try to contact you? I mean ... how did you even leave?"

               She looked up at the night sky, stars were easily visible when there weren't millions of lights surrounding you. It's just you and the desert. It was very beautiful, specially when you're a vampire. You can clearly see the stars and their colors.

               "Chris always tried to contact me. He eventually stopped after Alex died." Now she started sobbing. Jesus JASPER, Way to go! You sure know how to deal with women. I quickly ran with my speed and sat down next to her. "I just left them without saying anything. What could I have said to them?"

               "It's okay Kim, I'm sure they understand."

               "How? They're dead." She hissed.

               I pointed up. Where else can they be but heaven?

               "When you give me a reasonable answer I'll stop crying." She added.

               "So you're also the one who turned Adam into a vampire?"

               "Yes, yes. I'm the one who causes the end of the world." She rolled her eyes.

               "That may be so, but without you I would never have met Adam. Like honestly, he's over two hundred years old? Holy shit dude. I owe everything to you." I hugged her as hard as I could. She was so cold, icy and ghostly looking. She's the only one that actually looks like a vampire out of all of us. "I love him, I do."

               "That's great. I'm a gay love match maker." She muttered.

               "So how did it happen? Why did you turn him?"

               "Maybe I should answer that instead." A voice behind us startled us, it caused us to jump in the air in ninja mode and I accidentally let out a spark of lightning, it hit Adam in the chest.

               I shrieked as I ran towards him. I touched his chest, it was hot. I started giggling at my thoughts. Well he is hot. I blinked and started blowing the smoke away. He groaned as he got up and gave me that look. I'm going to get you for that.

               "Sorry, you scared me." I quivered my lips like if I were about to cry then I made my eyes glisten with fake tears. He rolled his eyes, defeated once again.

               "You guys are telling stories now or what?" He asked as he handed me a bag.

              "Oh, Mexican food. Awesome." I said in a high pitch voice.

               "Why are you crying?" Adam asked Kim.

               "Memories." She shrugged.

               "That was my fault." I leaned against Adam's back. "I asked her to tell me about Chris and Alex. I was curious but I didn't think that she would start crying."

               "And now you want to know how Kim turned me and why?"

              "I deserve the right to know right?" I mumbled with a burrito in my mouth.