Secret Relationships

Ellington's POV:

It's been 8 days since Rydel and I kissed. Since I asked her to be my girlfriend. Since she said yes. It has been 8 of the most wonderful days of my life.  It has also been 8 of the most torturous days. It is honestly so hard to hide our relationship from everyone. I mean every single time we've had time alone, one of her family members interrupts us. Alone time is rare enough as it is, without the interruptions of Rydel's brothers.

"Ellington?" a voice interrupts my thoughts.
"Hmm?" I answer, looking up to see Rocky.
"You good bro? You've been quiet lately."
I get up off my bunk, where I had been sitting, and nod.
"Yeah. I'm good. Great even. Never been better!"
"O-kayyyy? What's really going on?"
Shit! He knows! He totally knows! Stay calm Ellington! Be cool! Don't give it away! Think of what this means for Rydel.
"Rydel.."
"What about Rydel?" Rocky asks, smirking.
"We.. uh.. We had a fight?" I say awkwardly, not used to lying to my best mate.
He places a hand on my shoulder.
"We'll fix it bud. Don't you worry." He says, walking away.
"Wait! Rocky where are you going? What are you.." I trail off as he enters the living room area of the bus, where Rydel and the rest of the Lynches are sitting.

My girlfriend pats the seat beside her, looking at me. I want to sit beside her, but Rocky is watching me carefully. I can't just tell him Rydel and I fought, and then sit with her acting all buddy-buddy again. Instead I sit between Riker and Stormie, leaving the spot beside Rydel vacant. She looks hurt and I study her face discreetly, seeing that her eyes are watering as she stares out of the bus window behind me. It kills me to think that I'm the one who caused for her hurt like this. Rocky tries to start a conversation with me, but I don't concentrate on what he is saying, my thoughts centred around Rydel at this moment. He then turns to Del, asking her a question, which she just shrugs in reply. I see him look from Rydel, to me, back to Rydel.
"Alright!" He says, getting everyone's attention, "Everyone who isn't Rydellington, let's go sightseeing!"

Beside me, Stormie smiles at the ship name. On my other side, Riker puts down his phone.
"Why aren't they coming?" He says.
Rocky looks at me before he answers, "Because Ellington told me they got into a fight. It must've been big because they've both been quiet all week. They need to sort it out. Alone."
His explanation seems to satisfy everyone, as within 5 minutes they are ready to leave.
"Call if you need anything!" Stormie says, shutting the door to the bus after everyone else has exited.
I walk over to the door, locking it and then peer out of the window, watching them head into the city. Once I lose sight of them in the traffic, I head over to the couch where Rydel is sitting.
"Why does Rocky think we're fighting?" She asks.
"Because I had to make up a story, so I wouldn't blow our cover." I answer, placing a hand on her leg.
She smiles, looking down at my hand.
"I love you Ell."
"I love you too Delly. And I'm going to do everything I can, to make sure this works."
She turns to me, pressing her lips to mine. I kiss back, deepening the kiss. I run my fingers up and down her thigh, causing her to moan. As her lips part, I slide my tongue into her mouth. She pushes me down onto the couch, straddling me as we make out passionately. We pull away and I peck her lips one more time, pulling her down onto my chest. I bury my nose in her hair, inhaling the sweet scent of her shampoo.

She giggles."Are you sniffing me Ell?"
"Noooo" I say, blushing. She places her hand on my chest to support her weight as she leans back to look at me.
"Aww you're blushing!" She squeals.
I roll my eyes, blushing even more.
"You're so cute Ell!" She exclaims, lowering herself back onto my chest and snuggling in to me. I wrap my arms around her waist and roll us over, so we are laying on our sides, still cuddling.

We remain that way until we hear shouts from outside. For once, I appreciate the Lynch's loudness, because I can't imagine having to explain to four over-protective brothers, a mother and father, why I was cuddling with their daughter on a couch in a locked bus. I leap out of Rydel's warm embrace and race over to the door, unlocking it once more. I zip back to the lounge, sitting sideways on one end of the couch, Rydel doing the same at the other end. We start 'talking about the fans' as the door flies open.
"Oh hey guys!" I say casually and out of the corner if my eyes I catch Rydel smirking at me. I wink at her while nobody is looking, making her laugh.
"So you two good?" Rocky asks and we look at one another and nod.