Falling In Love

Ellington's POV:

We're on the road again, travelling to the next city on our tour, so the guys and I are just chilling in the back of the bus. Somehow the conversation turns to Rydel.
"Do you think she has a crush on anyone?" Ross asks.
Rocky smirks at me and I feel my cheeks turning a deep shade of red. Riker turns to me with his eyebrows raised in a questioning manner.
I roll my eyes and chuckle, " It's not what you think! Rocky just wants 'Rydellington' to happen.." I trail off. Luckily all of them look satisfied with my answer.

"She told me that she likes a guy" says Ryland.
I feel as if my world just came crashing down.
"Who?" Ross asks his younger brother.
" I dunno.. She just said that there's a guy she really likes. But she said things between them are complicated, so don't worry too much about it."
" How can she have a complicated love life? I mean let's be real here, she hasn't even kissed a guy!" says Ross

I hear a muffled wimper from behind me, and as I turn I catch a glimpse of a blonde blur. I glare at Ross, standing up. " That was a really low thing to say bro. She heard you." I say.
I hear the door to the area where the bunks are, slam shut and so I walk in that direction. I slowly slide the door open, locking it behind me once I'm inside. The curtain to my bunk is closed. She likes to sit in my bed because it's the top bunk, which means it's easier to sit without hitting your head.

I climb up to my bed and gently pull back the curtain. I see her sitting in the very corner. I pull myself up onto the mattress and close the curtains once more.
"Del?" I whisper, shuffling over so that I'm sitting beside her.
She looks at me with watery eyes, tears threatening to spill over her eyelids at any second.
"Are you alright!" I ask her, even though I know she's not.
She shakes her head silently, indicating what I already knew to be true. That she is hurting. It pains me to see somebody that I care so much about,in this state. In pain.
I snake my arm around her back, allowing my hand to rest upon her waist. I gently pull her towards me and she rests her buries her face in my neck. I can feel her hot tears on my bare skin, but I just let her stay there. As she sobs into me, I try to figure out what to say to her. After a while her crying is reduced to an occasional sniffle.

"E..Ell?" She mumbles into my shoulder.
"Yeah?" I whisper quietly.
"What... What's it like to be in love?"
Her question takes me by surprise and I run my fingers through her hair. "What do you mean Del?"
" I mean.. How does it feel? To be in love with someone?"
" I... I don't know Del.. I wish I could tell you but.. I don't know."
This seems to confuse her as she pulls her head from where it is nestled in the crook of my neck.
"What about Kelly?" She asks.
I wince at the name of my ex-girlfriend and the thought of her causes a lump to form in my throat. I can feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes as I stare at Rydel. A voice inside my head says "Look at her Ellington. Your best friend is in pain. She needs you. This is not the time to cry. Don't be selfish."
I swallow the lump, blinking back the tears.
"I was never in love with Kelly. I loved her, but I was never in love with her."
I watch her as she takes this information into account.
" Do you think I'll ever fall in love? I mean Ross is right, I've never even been kissed. What if I never fall in love?"
She starts to cry again. I untangle my fingers from her hair, tucking a loose strand behind her ear. I wipe away a tear from her cheek with my thumb.
" Don't be ridiculous Del, of course you will fall in love. It might be in a week. A month. A year. Or 3 years from now. I don't know exactly when, but I promise you that one day you will fall in love."

"But what if I don't Ell? Or what if nobody falls in love with me?" She looks down at her lap sadly, tears dripping from the tip of her nose. I cannot understand why she would think that nobody could fall in love with her.
" Look at me Delly."
Her eyes slowly meet mine and for a second I allow myself to get lost in them.
" So many people love you. And one day, one of them will fall in love with you."
" But what if they don't" she says stubbornly.
" Then I will force somebody to fall in love with you. Or I will hold auditions." She giggles softly and I flash her a grin.
" Besides, you'll always have me." I add making her smile.
She gives me a hug and I rest my chin on the top of her head.
" You'll always have me Del. I'm never going to leave you." I whisper, gently planting a kiss on her temple.