Chapter 4

Hunter POV

I shoved my face under my pillow in hopes to submerge myself back into sleep. I had already hit the snooze on my alarm clock twice. Unfortunately, that was the most time I could allow myself to stay in bed.

Assuming that I would become alpha someday, I had to set good examples to my pack mates. That meant no nights out spent partying or drinking and absolutely no skipping school. I would never hear the end of it from my dad if I ever did either of those things. I wasn't even alpha yet and I couldn't be a normal teenage boy.

Only five minutes later, I was completely showered and dressed as I walked downstairs. I expected it to be a long day at school per usual and therefore I was going to need a large breakfast to give me energy for the day.

"Hey, man." said my future beta, Jason. Whereas I was still feeling groggy, he seemed to be wide awake. It was probably due to the fact that his mate, Sheila, had gotten him out of bed much earlier than I had.

Jason and Sheila shared the same room, friends, and most of the time food. As most mates are, they were inseparable. Sure enough, Sheila was currently sat on Jason's lap while he spoon fed her some applesauce.

Normally, I would feign disgust at their actions but today I couldn't manage it. Jealousy ripped through my chest as I watched them eat together. Jason had never seemed more put together than when he had fount Sheila as his mate. I didn't believe that I needed straightening out, but it's no wonder my dad wouldn't hand over his title until I found my mate.

"Hey."

I practically inhaled my breakfast. Eating quickly was the only way to get out of there fast without not eating at all. I couldn't bare sitting so close to them when they were happy because they had something I didn't. I stood after scraping off the last remnants on my plate and sped towards the front door.

"I'll see you at school, Hunt." Jason said as I walked out of the kitchen. If Jason thought I had been weird during breakfast, he didn't acknowledge it.

"Yeah, I'll see ya."

I walked to the garage where all the pack members who live in the pack house kept their cars. My Lamborghini was parked front and center. One of the perks to being an alpha's son.

The drive over to school was smooth as always and I was once again able to park in one of the spots closest to the entrance.

When I stepped out of my car, people stared. They always did. It didn't matter if they saw me once a week or every day. One day I would be in charge of them and this pack, that was what made me a sight to see for them.

I leaned back against my car as my best friends walked towards me. We still had some time before class started and talking here was as good as anywhere else.

As the boys got together around me and greeted me, I looked over at a group of girls that were giggling and looking over at us. If only one of them was my mate, this would be so much easier. I started wondering what they were like. Any one of them could make a great Luna.

"The alphas never should have allowed that rogue on our land. She could be dangerous and instead of sending her away they sent her to school with us." Jason complained snapping me out of my thoughts.

He hated rogues because when he found his mate, Sheila, she was being attacked by rogues. He's always been worried for the safety of his mate since.

"Yeah. She's kind of hot though." Kyle said.

Kyle was one of my few good friends that didn't have a mate either. He understood how it felt to be surrounded by happy couples while we were essentially alone.