Chapter Four

We stood in front of the house we were told to come to. Johnny will not pay for our mistakes. Not if we can help it. Iris knocked on the door. Time to face this. "Vincent!" Now that Collin is back and better than ever he assulted Vincent in the face. "You dare threaten my son!" We didn't pull Collin back, this Vincent deserved what Collin was giving him and much more. But Vincent pushed him off. Going for a punch but Iris stopped him before he could.

"I did deserve that. But remember what I said. So I suggest you come."

We all sat in silence.

"Dominic and Nathaniel need your help."

"What happened and why should we trust you!?" Collin asked.

"Dominic and Nathaniel didn't know what they were getting into. When they married Jacob, who they met a long time ago, they weren't marrying a vampire. They were marrying into shifters. Jacob is in a freaking cult of shifters. He's not some inoccent helper of the homeless. They need someone to break them out of their trance before it's too late. He already took away half their companies. He already took his mates away from them."

**

Third Person's Pov: Two Years Ago

Dominic and Nathaniel watched in horror as Jacob once again transformed into his true form. At this moment they only had each other and the memory of Timothy. Occasionally even memories of Collin and Iris. Life is so cruel. All these collages of so called memories of them actually being happy kept coming back. Not only were they trapped, they were trapped in the worst way. Inside their minds.

Inside their minds they were happy. Healthy. Beautiful days in and out. With Jacob, the beautiful wedding they had. But when they were standing at the alter, their minds cried for help too. They wanted to reach out for Timothy. Collin. Iris. They wanted to push Jacob away but it was impossible for some reason. Both their minds and muscles refused to let them speak out the truth.

They denied Timothy. They pretened. They put on a smile because that's what they were told to do. "You did good my son." Cult leader spoke.

"Thank you father. I did my best."

"And you did impress me. Tricking many wolves and vampires. I taught you well. Now continue with the working process. We need to lead in their mates."

"Of course father."

Dominic and Nathaniel stood in place like puppets waiting to be told what to do, with blank faces. But they were begging to be released. After so many centuries of being alive and they still couldn't find true happiness.

"Come along puppets." Jacob commanded them. Without question they followed. "So today you will sign your first piece of company over to my name because you two love me very much." Jacob mocked, snickering, as they walked out of Jacob's father's house. "Let's get to it."

That day they spent the day doing paperwork. Signing over the company they have built to help the homeless. Jacob was going to run it straight to the ground. Jacob didn't care about anyone but himself and father. The one who saved him and introduced him to a cult.

The phone rang. Out of instinct Dominic answered it. Jacob wasn't around to do so. "Dominic why haven't you been answering?"

"Who is this?" he answered in a straight voice.

"It's me Vincent where have you guys been? What happened?"

"I'm sorry you have the wrong number."

"Wait Dominic-" Dominic hung up the phone and they both stayed seated waiting on Jacob. Another ring. Nathaniel answered.

"Hello."

"Nathaniel what's wrong with Dominic!"

"Who is this?"

"I've been trying to get in touch with you guys but Jacob always brushes me off! It's been two years! You guys moved and just tell me where-"

"I'm sorry you have the wrong number." Nathaniel hung up. Vincent was freaking out trying to find out what in the world was going on with Dominic and Nathaniel.

Jacob came into the office room telling them to get up and that they were leaving.

"So you guys are going home and I am going out. Just cook, eat, look normal okay?"

"Okay."

Present Times:

They were home. Nathaniel was cooking for the both of them. Then for a second Dominic smelled an all to familiar food. Bringing out some new sense to himself. He picked up the phone and dialed a phone number that seemed foreign to him. "Dominic?!" Some voice, a voice that sounded worried, scared but at the same time soft and beautiful.

Dominic hung up as soon as he realized that what he was doing was against everything they were tortured to not do.

"Food is ready." Nathaniel said.

They lived a boring life. Going home, eating, showering and sleeping. Occasionally watching TV and having a normal conversation when Jacob was in a good mood.

**

Jacob came home and watched as Dominic and Nathaniel slept. Slept together. Jacob would never admit how envious he was of their mates. They lived happy. They were going to be happy.

Emotions weren't anything. Emotions got in your way.

With a deep breath listened to his mind and walked away from the room to check in on his father to tell him the good news.

He saw him struggling on the ground where he was tied up. "Father, I have Ellie."

Back to Timothy:

"They have Ellie!"

"They took Ellie away from me. You have to help me get him back. But I also want to help Dominic and Nathaniel. Please. I'm sorry about Johnny."

"You could have just come to us." I said.

"They wouldn't have even let me near the house. You warned Paul and Kenny to keep all vampires away. So they did their job good."

"So what you're saying is that Dominic and Nathaniel are really our mates and Jacob is in some cult set out to destroy us because we are together five mates?"

"That's what I just said." Jacob sighed frustrated.

"Don't give us an attitude. They have your mate and we are the only ones who can help."

"In case you didn't know they have your mates too!"

It all came so fast. We actually have more mates. More mates to look forward too. Which in a way will be awkward considering the fact that we went our separate ways.

But what if Vincent was lying, what if they only had Ellie and want us to help him only. Maybe Dominic and Nathaniel are off in paradise. But it's been years. But at same time Dominic and Nathaniel wanted to live happily ever after without interruption from the past.

But even when I tried calling Dominic from all their companies phones, most have been disconnected. The others are secretary picking up and saying they run the company by e-mail since Dominic nor Nathaniel have been able to show up at work. How could I be so stupid! Of course they need out help and we need to help our mates.

This is going to be a long journey that the kids will sure love to hear about.