Chapter Eighteen: Hello Kitty

Start from the beginning

"Oh wonderful."

She pats me on the back, "So, finish this bowl and we can go see your little friend."

I glower at her and the bowl.

"Hey, I could have given you a proper potion of this. You only have another two spoonful's to go. Or do you want me to spoon-feed you? You made the deal with me. A litre of water and three spoons of this for you to meet your tiger."

I glared at the bowl and try again. The sooner I get this over with, the better.

"Didn't expect you to be a picky eater."

I mumble, "Me neither." But there was just something about this fake food that rubs me the wrong way completely.

She must have noticed at how awkward I was holding the spoon, "You're right-handed aren't you?"

I ignore her as I lift the spoon to my mouth. Urgh it's not even in my mouth yet and I can already taste it again.

As I'm about to put the damn spoon in my mouth, a presence suddenly appeared near us and I jump, looking up at the mismatch eyes that seem...almost dead as they regard the scene in front of him.

The Doc chuckles, "You would be awesome in a jump-scare video."

"Jump-scare...?" what kinda thing is that?

But she ignored my ignorance, "Hello X. What brings you up here today?"

X continues to stare at me and then looks over at the Doc. And as usual, says nothing.

Doc shrugs, before looking back at me, "Come on, trooper. Two more mouthfuls and you're gold."

I wanted to mutter something unintelligible under my breath, but with the way that big all guy...Fenir, was staring at me still, I thought better of it.

Finally taking my last awkward mouthful of orange crap, I put the spoon back down while swallowing.

"The look on your face..." Hanna looked as though she was on the verge of cry-laughing. "Ah, I want a camera."

I feel rather miffed. Instead, I make sure that the hood was firmly over my head and the sleeve was covering the thing I have to call my right-arm.

"Alrighty, as promised, we'll go meet your little kitty-cat. Let's see you standing." She motions with her arms. As I stood, she nods in approval, "Good, you're still a little wobbly but you are a bit steadier on your feet."

I couldn't meet anyone's eyes, staring at the floor.

"Ok, let's hustle!"

Ok. Is it just me or is this doctor waaay too enthusiastic.

She basically marches up to the door, where Fenir was now in the way.

"Move yo-ass," Doc shoves a pointed finger at his chest.

His arms are extremely burly. Like they're about to burst out of the sleeves at any moment as he crosses them over his chest. "I am not permitting this."

"Move it, Boulder."

"Please, Hanna," his voice is sounding kinda desperate there.

"No. Move it." She protest and he eventually exhales, moving to the side. She looked back at him, "Look, if you're that untrusting of him, you can come along and bring the tranqs." She then continued on down the hallway, not waiting for his response.

I glare at her back. Since when have I been downgraded to a psyco badger with rabies?

Just as I was about to follower out of the room, I hear something that makes me stop.