Chapter 5 | Daydreaming Reality

Still on that bench, still staring at the catalog computer screen, I sat motionless, every muscle in my body melting endlessly, every bone frozen to the core.

Ever so slowly, as if time itself had stopped to allow me to process what had happened, my fingers reached up to feel my tingling lips, each muscle overwhelmed from Vince's lips, the way he so easily brushed mine, created that delicate tension between us that churned with each touch.

Nobody had ever made me feel this way before. This arousing for...what, what was this feeling? What had I just felt?

Yes, I had boyfriends before. Yes, I had kissed before.

But never like that. Never so unexpectedly, never so tenderly, never so...passionately. Nobody had ever skimmed my arms so sexily, mesmerized me with a supple touch, or had me drowned in his power with a simple gaze.

And nobody ever made me feel so helpless. I was helpless against his touch, slipping into the kiss quicker than it had happened. There was a reason Vince was called the Beast. He could get away with things like this.

He could make me feel like I was sinning in heaven.

And the weird thing was, I wasn't regretting that at all. Zach told me to stay away from Vince, but how was I supposed to do that? I met him three times and I already felt overwhelmed.

Revering me out of my thoughts, my phone vibrated in my pocket. Heaving in a breath, I let myself calm down and return to reality before pulling it out and swiping the green button to accept the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Zoe," Zach's words rushed out. "I'm running late so Jared's going to pick you up today and drop you home."

My eyebrows crunched up together. "But I thought we were going to watch the new episodes of The Cubicle today."

"In know. I'm sorry, Zoe. I really thought I would be able to." His voice got quieter as he yelled in the background. "Coming!" Then he was back on the phone. "Anyway, I've got to go. Have fun with your friends. Bye."

The call ended before I could muster up a response. Confused at Zach's frazzled attitude, I pulled my phone away from my ear. He had promised to watch those episodes with me tonight. I should have been expecting him to pull out of the plans; it was something he almost always did.

Just as I was about to put my phone away, a ping brought my attention to my texts.

Jared: Hey, I'm outside the library. Zach asked me to pick you up. Come quick bby!!

Ready to distract myself from what had happened today, I typed in a quick response.

Me: OK coming

Jared: Hurry plz Sav is w/ me I need help

"When do you not need help?" I muttered, clicking my tongue and putting the phone away.

Ten minutes later I climbed into the backseat of Jared's beat up car. Savannah sat shotgun, her brown eyes on me. Jared was driving and revved the car the second he spotted me.

As soon as I climbed in, Savannah and Jared both turned to eye me owlishly, all of their attention on me.

"What?" I asked, shrinking away from their gazes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"