Chapter 3

Venus POV

My favorite song, Treat you Better, began playing from the alarm set on my phone. As much as I wanted to roll over and ignore it, it was time for me to leave the comfort of my bed.

Once I was back on my feet, I headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. I definitely needed one if I was going to look presentable enough for my first day of school. The next thing I had to do was look for an outfit to wear.

It didn't take me long to choose something to wear. Compared to most girls my age, my clothing was scarce. It was illogical to keep an expansive wardrobe when I was always on the move. It was easiest to keep only the amount that was a necessity. Besides, I don't think the small space of my new closet could hold much more clothes than the ones I had now.

Now fully dressed in jeans and a simple tee, I stepped into the kitchen. Nothing about this apartment could be described as grand or large, and the kitchen was no exception. There were moments I began to feel claustrophobic in the living space, but I actually found myself enjoying the size of the kitchen. If more than one person entered it it could be described as tight or cramped, but it was perfect for just me.

I quickly made myself a cup of coffee. There wasn't a day that I could go without one. It was certainly an addiction, but one I didn't think I could ever get over. It served as breakfast to me on a daily basis and, at times, was more essential to me than sleep.

After finishing my morning cup of coffee, I walked outside and hopped into my little red sports car. It was an older model and had surely been well used by the time I bought it, but I cherished it everyday as if it were brand new. Regardless of it's age, it was, in fact, the greatest thing that I owned.

It was a short drive to the nearest high school and by the time I pulled into the parking lot the place was crowded. I stepped out of my car to head into the school building.

Being new, I worried that I would attract a ton of attention. A majority of pack wolves hated rogues, meaning I would most likely receive several glares throughout the halls today.

Instead of people watching me like I thought they would, they were all paying attention to a group of good looking guys standing next to a black Lamborghini.

I noticed that the one leaning up against the car held keys in his hand. The Lamborghini must be his. I found him to be, by far, the most attractive one of the group. He seemed arrogant to me, even from this far away. It had to be a result from having good looks and a nice car.

I turned my head and walked away before they could notice me staring.

The office was nearly empty when I stepped inside to collect my schedule from the nice receptionist.

I found my locker so that I could place my bag in there while I went to class.

When I turned to go to my history class, I found a jock standing right in front of me.

"Hey, pretty little thang." The guy was a giant. He had to have been at least a foot taller than me and he looked as if he spent every minute of his free time in the gym.

"You did not seriously just call me a thang." I said in disbelief. How could boys these days treat women so disrespectfully? They acted as if we were merely objects.

"I did, but I also called you pretty."

"And that makes it so much better." I said, my tone heavy with sarcasm.

I tried to walk around him before he stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said smirking.

"Away from you. What do you want with a rogue anyhow?"

"I hear rogues can be quite wild things in the bedroom." This was not the type of attention I had expected to receive upon my first day at school on the pack grounds.

"I don't know who told you that, but they're wrong. If you're looking for a freak in the sheets, I suggest you go look somewhere else."

"Are you sure you're not interested? I could teach you some things."

"Look, I don't have time for this. I really need to get to class. Can you please leave me alone." I said.

I needed to get to my class. I may have been a rogue, but I didn't want to make a bad impression on my first day. At least to the teachers, I didn't have high hopes for making many friends at school and maybe if the teachers liked me the days here could be somewhat easier.

"Ok but the offer still stands. What class do you have first hour?" He asked me.

"American history."

"With Mr. Hannigan? You really should get moving then because he's a hard ass. Doesn't like people being late to his class."

"Fantastic. I'm going now." I huffed before moving past him.

"Wait up. I have the same history class so I can walk you there. With you being new and all, I doubt you even know where the classroom is."

"I'm sure I could find it on my own." He didn't even pause at my harsh words but stayed in step with me.

"Nonsense. I'll take you there."

"Great."

I glares at him when he started to whistle. It seemed he was oblivious to the fact that his presence wasn't exactly wanted.

He finally stopped his whistling when we entered a classroom. Instead of sitting far away from me as I had hoped, he planted himself in the chair right next to mine.

"I'm Harvey, by the way." He finally introduced himself.

Reluctantly, I introduced myself as well. He wasn't really the kind of acquaintance I had hoped to find here, but I guess he wasn't so bad when he didn't hit on me.

"I'm Venus."

"Oh! Like the planet."

"Yeah, like the planet."