Together At Last

Peridot flew down to the blue figure, looking around in fear as all of the Crystal Gems ran up. She was afraid of what they would do, and she hoped Lapis wouldn't be caught in the crossfire.

"P-peri..." Lapis coughed. "... h-help..."

She'd wanted to see Lapis again. It was the only thing she wanted, but... not like this. Never like this. She picked up the weak Gem and carried her away, laying her in the sand as the other Gems fought Jasper. It would buy them at least a little time together...

"Lapis... I'm so sorry..." Peridot sobbed, tears splashing down onto the warm sand below. Lapis waved them away with a flick of her finger. "I-I didn't mean all those things I-I said... it was Homeworld... t-they-"

"Peri, it's fine... I-I just..." Lapis sat up as much as she could and kissed Peridot's gem. "I-I love you..."

"I know... I love you too..." Peridot hugged Lapis as tight as she could. I'm never letting go... she thought. Not for anything.

"I'm scared... and I'm so sorry, P-peri..."

"Don't be." She pulled Lapis as close as she could and enveloped her in a passionate kiss. She hoped this kiss wouldn't be their last. The fog of a 'poofed' gem brushed past her hair, causing her to turn around.

Steven laid in the sand, clutching his chest as blood dripped down his hand. In his opposite hand, he held the gems of Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, and Pearl, all of which had lost their physical form. Jasper stomped towards the two remaining Gems as Lapis collapsed back into the sand.

"Traitor!" She pointed a Gem destabilizer at Lapis, her weapon of a headpiece aimed to come down on her at any second.

"P-please..."

"Look what I had to do because of you!"

"Lapis, don't listen to her!" Peridot's voice cracked as she screamed out the words. "N-none of this is your fault!"

Peridot draped herself over Lapis like a shield, and she felt the Gem destabilizer burning against her chest. She braced herself for the inevitable impact of Jasper's weapon.

If she could save Lapis, only for a second, she'd be happy. As the crack of her gem echoed along the beach, she only smiled.