Runaway Gem

Lapis and Peridot fought with the Crystal Gems for many years, but it was obvious that it was taking a toll on them. Peridot would stay awake, pacing and mumbling, and Lapis would just sit by the ocean and stare at the stars. One night, Lapis came into Peridot's room in the Temple, worried.

"L-Lapis? What are you doing in here?"

"Saying goodbye. I'm going back home."

Peridot had no clue what to do. She didn't want to disagree, she just wanted Lapis to be happy.

"L-Lapis..."

"I'm sorry, Peri... I'll come back for you, I promise. And we'll be together no matter what." She gave Peridot a quick kiss on the forehead, and then she was off.

Later that day, Garnet came rushing into Peridot's room.

"Peridot!" Garnet yelled. "Lapis is trying to leave, come with us!"

Peridot reluctantly followed her to the warp pad, and she was off to the Galaxy Warp.

When the Crystal Gems arrived, Lapis was struggling to activate the warp back to Homeworld. She looked up at the Gems, worried, and tried to run away.

"LAPIS LAZULI! STOP RIGHT THERE!" Garnet fired her gauntlets at Lapis, and she fell to the ground. Amethyst sped over and tied Lapis up with her whip. Pearl pointed her spear at Lapis' neck. "What do you think you're doing?" she said.

"I-I-I... I-I just want to go back home, I-I..." Lapis was too panicked to use her powers. She screamed for Peridot, begging for help. Peridot sped over.

"Lapis..." They both had tears in her eyes. Amethyst quickly spun Lapis around, pushing her stomach onto the ground.

"Break it." Garnet gave the order with a stoic expression. And Peridot followed the order, sobbing.

The last thing Lapis heard was the sound of her own gem breaking, and her screaming for Peridot to help her. She was trapped in a mirror, her gem almost completely shattered to pieces.