Chapter 21 Surprises

I watched as Riker talked to the nicely dressed man. They seemed to be in a serious conversation. A few minutes passed, and I decided to check the comments on the picture Riker had posted. When I went into Twitter, I found the picture. I read the comments, and by the time I had read 10 of them, I was already crying. Why so much hate.

I hadn't noticed Riker come back in the car until he took the phone from my hand. I couldn't look at him. I just looked down. "Hey, don't listen to them. Okay?"

When I didn't answer, he lifted my chin forcing met to look at him. "Hey, I want to you listen to me right now. I love you, and that is all that matters." I nodded. He could tell I was still sad, so he started singing my song to me. I loved it when he sang it. I smiled at him, laying my head against the head rest of the seat listening to him sing.

When he finished, he smiled back at me. "Better?" I nodded. He leaned down and kissed me softly. "You are all that matters. If the comments go to far, I promise, I will stop them. Okay?"

I looked at him. "Yeah, I love you Riker!"

He kissed me again, but just a peck. "I love you too." He reached into the glove box and pulled out a beanie and handed it to me. "Now, cover your eyes."

I looked at him surprised. He smiled and started the car. I put it on like he told me. He started driving. "No peeking!"

"What is this about Riker?" I laughed to hide the fact that I don't do will with surprises.

"It's a surprise!" Yup, there it was. My smile faded. He must have been watching. "It's great, trust me."

I sighed and leaned back in the seat. We didn't drive long before he spoke again. "Still, no peeking. I'll tell you when to take it off."

He got out, and in the matter of a second, he was opening my door. He placed his hands in mine, pulling me out of the car. I just smelled, fresh air. Well, I couldn't narrow it down from there.

He placed his hands on my waist. "Follow my lead." His whisper in my ear gave me chills. I went where he pushed me to go. "step." I took a step. There were stairs. "Three more." I took the three more steps, than he stopped. I heard him fidget with keys, than pushed me further. He leaned into my ear, his warm breathe give me goosebumps. He whispered, "take it off."

I was nervous. When I did nothing, he chuckled. He put one hand above eyes as he pulled the beanie off with the other. "Okay, wasn't expecting that." He chuckled, than wrapped his other arm around my waist. He uncovered my eyes, and I blinked a few times, allowing my eyes to adjust. When they did, I was face to face with the most gorgeous living room I have ever seen. It had a touch of antique and modern. The couches and the chairs were older, but the flat screen and mounted stereo system was the modern touch.

Riker unwrapped his arm, and grabbed my hand, watching my face. He led me into a very large kitchen. Just like the living room, it had the older and modern touches to it. The cabinets and counter tops were older looking, but the appliances were newer. It also had a small television in the corner. I looked at Riker, still not able to speak.

He than pulled on me again, pulling me into a formal dining room with a large table. The table was like you would see in a 80's movie. It was beautiful. Set up on the table was a china set. H pulled me back through the kitchen and living room, where I admired them one last time in passing. He than led me up a set of stairs. In the center of the stairs was a red rug all the way up. At the top of the stairs, it turned back into the hardwood like down stairs.

He pulled me through a door, which was empty. the walls were a light blue, the carpet a bright yellow. He took me from there into another room, same thing just white walls. The next door was an office space. It had a computer desk in it, and in the corner was a wall mounted television. Next to the computer desk there was a small table, which matched the desk.

He pulled me into another room, with a much heavier looking door. Inside, the walls were slightly padded and it had a large rug on the floor covering the whole room. This is definitely a music room, but I have never seen one this nice in a house before. He looked at my face, still in shock. He smiled and closed that door, taking me to a bathroom. He didn't leave that one open but just a second.

He than walked to another door, and slowly opened it. Inside was a very large king size bed. Older style, iron bed rails. In the corner there was a large antique dresser. On the other side of the room was another identical to it. He walked me in, opening a door revealing a very large walk in closet. Hell, it was as big as the bathroom he showed me next, and it has a huge bathtub in it. I was now in even more shock.

I started to speak, but he put his finger over my mouth. Apparently he was enjoying the silent shock. He walked down stairs still holding my hand. He walked in to a formal sitting room, set up like the living room, minus the television and stereo. He walked to the back door, pulled back the curtain slightly, than looked back at me smiling. Slowly, he opened the door. There, just out side the door, was a blonde colored quarter horse who looked at me when I approached her. My hands were shaking slightly as I reached out for her, but stopped, when she pushed her nose into my hand.

I left my hand still on the horse, but looked at Riker, who had stopped on the porch. "Riker, what is all of this?" I was still smiling.

He walked back to me. "Yours. Well, ours." He stuck his hand out to the horse, who shook her head, still looking at me. "Besides this mean ass, she don't like me!"

I laughed. "Are you serious?"

He smiled. "Yeah, didn't you just see her reaction to me?"

I shook my head. "No. That's now what I meant."

He laughed than leaned in to kiss me. The horse whinnied, and he pulled back staring at the horse. "You really don't like me do you?" She just kept looking at me. "But to answer your question, yes I am serious. This is our home."

I pulled away from the horse and threw my arms around Riker, and laid a big kiss right on him. He smiled and kissed back, wrapping his arms around my waist. I couldn't believe he bought us a house. When he pulled away, he smiled at me. "You will have to teach me how to ride." He pointed, and there I saw a chocolate brown horse coming toward us. She walked right up to Riker. "You, unlike your sister, actually like me." I laughed, and hugged my horses neck. Riker looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. This was the greatest surprise ever.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A SPECIAL SHOUT-OUT TO ONE OF MY MOST INTERACTIVE READERS. SHE COMMENTS ALL THE TIME, AND VOTES ON NEARLY EVERY CHAPTER I PUT UP. TODAY IS HER BIRTHDAY, AND THIS CHAPTER GOES OUT TO YOU, r5love1010, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

REMEMBER TO SMILE!! :-)