"Of the night"#6

"Of the night" #6

Isobel had gone out so I was standing by the window in their flat, the city of skyscrapers stretches out for as far as the eye can see. I hear footsteps behind me as Anna comes to stand beside me, "Its big isn't it?" She says as she gazes over the city, "Isobel told me, about your Mom and Your sister, I'm so sorry. Ronni you are welcome here, I want you to know that."
"It's okay, Anna," I hear her intake a sharp breath as she turns to me, and I sigh "You are not my Mum, you are a different Anna- I know you are. I promise, Anna, that I will be out of here as soon as I can. I'll get a job and go live somewhere else, it can't be cheap living here in this part of the city."
Anna taps her nose, "believe me, we're okay for money. One extra mouth to feed won't hurt. Isobel told me how clever you are, how talented, you will get a job in no time- we literally lick up british accents in jobs over here." She laughs and pushes her hair out of her face, "we could go look around now, I expect you only have pounds and could do with some new clothes. "she pulls at my top and wrinkles my nose.
"Hey! this is in fashion back home." I protest crossing my arms across my chest.
"Sure its fangirl fashion, you're too pretty for that though." she smiles and me and pulls out her phone showing me the screensaver, "don't worry your not alone."
"Of course I am not alone, half the frickn' world are fangirls."
"Okay... okay, I get it okay. but you would look super hot in some proper clothes, although you look super hot now its just. well I don't know, you look like a mini cara delevingne." She wrinkles her nose. I was about to protest, Cara being one of my favourite celebs, but a buzzing came from her pocket followed by the start of a muse song. Blushing she reached inside her pocket and and fished out her phone, Isobel she mouthed at me before turning and yapping quietly at Isobel.
I turned back to the view where the sun was dimming and sparkling city lights glistened like stars. I smiled to myself as Nessa entered my mind, dancing across the top floor of the shard, the London eye lights flashing behind her in the early evening. Anna's sharp finger cuts me out of the daydream as she pokes my shoulder, "Hey, anyone in there?"
"Hi. yes, sorry I was just away with the fairies."
Anna smirks at me and spins around, pulling my hand with her. "Now I know what that one means. Time to go out!" I stumble behind her and grab my Beanie from the sofa pulling it over my hair before lacing up my DocMartens, "ooo smexy" Anna cooes before diving on me with a bag clutched in her hands, she pulled out all kinds of makeup and paints me up, "ooo even smexier!" she smiles at me again and hands me my phone.

5 minutes later Anna had navigated out of the block of flats and was nattering on her phone again- I couldn't tell if it was Isobel or not but she was asking where they were going. Oh! what confidence she gave me!

Anna lead me along back streets and soon we were in a crowd that was throbbing with people. Glass buildings and tower blocks lined the streets and stretched out into the clouds. Grabbing my hand Anna pulled pull through the people making me push into them. "Sorry" I muttered as we pushed past a group of girls.
"It's not a queue bitch it doesn't matter!" Anna shouts at me and pulls on my hand harder, I flinch as we bump into another group of people, I bite back to apology in the tip of my tongue and keep my head down as we enter through a door way.
"Hey!" Isobel squeals and runs towards us hugging Anna tightly and smiling at me, "I hope Anna looked after you well." I shrug and Isobel laughs grabbing both out hands and leading us towards the lift. I hear the beat of music and absently nod my head along to the strong beat.
We exit the lift and i squint my eyes to the bright fluorescent lights and dancing bodies, "welcome to the tavern" Isobel shouts and grabs mine and Anna's hands as we are plunged into the crowd. Finally we make it to the other side of the room- well you know, the bar. Anna hands me her phone and I stare at an empty contact with my name at the top. Quickly I type in my number and text myself, I hand her phone back and we turn back to Isobel who is chatting with the bar maid, drumming her long nails on the table. She turns, just as Anna climbs onto a stall and greets the barmaid with a warm smile, I smile sheepishly at Isobel as i stand below like a lemon. Isobel pats the seat beside her and I climb up (literally climb) and fiddle with my top. "This is Autumn!" she pokes Autumns arm "Ronni Autumn. Autumn Ronni!" she smiles at me coldly and quickly turns back to the conversation with Anna. I look down at my lap dejectedly and fiddle with my rings.

Later after we had left the bar, Anna had promised we wouldn't go to late which pleased me immensly (1. I was still recovering from the jet lag 2. It was insanely awkward with new people, actually i was insanely awkward with new people) and we were taking our 'last dance', which, of course, was the eleventh 'last dance'. Anyway back to the point, i had met millions of new people, i don't know how Anna and Isobel were so popular! And of course i was was tired and my mouth was dry but i didn't want to go back to to the bar where autumn was because to be honest she was probably the coldest of them all. So instead i went to the bathroom- managing to get very very very lost in the process but i eventually found it and pulled on the door. It was locked, of course, there must have been hundreds of people here, but i don't think it was lost because of the simple need to spend a penny- one sound slipped under the bathroom door and that was it i was already halfway down the corridor. Unfortunately, due to my fast actions, i didn't exactly look where I was going and now in the dimly lit corridor i was truly lost.

I sank to my knees and lowered my head to rest. I felt a tear slip down my face and cried openly in the corridor- not because i was lost but for other things.

what was i doing in this massive city, i didn't even know how to navigate one building let alone the dark streets. Before long i had shed all my tears and the thirst in my throat was so great i all most got up and walked on. But i new from all the lessons at school staying out was my best chance at getting found. Unfortunately i wasn't exactly found by the person i wanted to be found by. Because my head was between my knees i didn't hear him come up but i sure as hell felt him he grabbed me and virtually threw me against the wall i cried out i pain and try to shuffle along slightly but he hand my arms pinned above my head in a excruciatingly painful grip, "help!" i shouted not sure what this pyscho's aim was. Fast enough to catch a hamster his hand was against my mouth and him body to close to mine. I shuddered and tears slide down my cheeks in fear i was shaking and i opened my eyes to look just as the boys body was hit away from me. I opened my eyes an wobbled to me feet backing away from him and the person who had just saved me from him. "its okay," the boys voice said, an odd accent- almost German "he won't hurt you" i peep through the shadows again and a figure appears. "its okay," he repeats "i won't hurt you."