Moving day

"Hello" I say as I'm entering the doors of the airport.
"Yes Ms.Lynn?" The man askes while I'm trying to drag two luggage.
"Yes sir that's me" I say. My voice is kinda shaky. But hey can you blame me? I'm about to move to a whole new country. I mean yea I can speak Korean but I only know my manager and two girls in my company. Let me catch you up. About a year ago I was signed to a record company named starship entertainment. I tried out and didn't think I'd make it because of my race. But surprisingly they called back and I got the deal. I trained out here in Oklahoma for a while and now I'm going to live in Korea to train. I studied Korean before I even got the deal so I know it pretty well. I'm just really really nervous. My heart is currently in my butt. Any ways back to current time.
"I was sent to escort you to and from your flight" YES! I won't get lost. Ok ok....
"Okay well let's get going" I say smiling pretty hard.
We started walking to out terminal waiting for them to call our numbers on the plain. Got the first time I was riding first class. They finally called our number to start boarding. I bumped into a lady. "Sorry" I hurried and said in Korean and my..... Well I don't know what to call him. I'll call him my minion.
"Omo!" He said and his face dropped.
"You speak Korean!!?"
"Yes I do!!" I said and I looked behind us and people were waiting for us to move.
"Sorry, Sorry" I said bowing. We both made our way to our seats.
"What's your name?" I asked him
"Yoon joon" he said as he put our luggage away. He finally took a seat next to me.
"Lee yoon joon" then he sat next to me.
"That's a nice name I like it" I said and he smiled at me as his phone started to ring. Then he started speaking Korean.
"Hello? Yes sir we are on the plane right now. Yes. Yes. Ok bye." Then he hung up.
I really didn't bother to ask I assumed it was my manager.
"Joon joon I'm going to go to sleep in scared of heights" I said and I leaned to one side getting comfortable.
"Joon joon?" He said sarcastically.
"Everyone gets a nickname around me. Your name was just minion 20 minutes ago".
"Seriously?" Is the last thing I heard before I drifted off.

I felt my stomach dropping so that's how I knew we were landing I literally slept the whole time.
"Ms.Lynn it's time to go." He said as he shook my shoulder a little. As I got up he handed me my bags. He grabbed one of my luggage and as we walked he gave me a key card he rushed out of his wallet told me my apartment number.
"Are you ready?" He asked as we reached a car outside the doors.
"Yes" I said as I got in the back.
"You know you have to speak Korean this point on?" He said in a mellow way.
"Then I'll do that". I said. As I looked out the window. It's so beautiful here. I hope everyone likes me. But what if they don't. What if I have to go home!? You know what naaaah that won't happen. The worst that can happen is... Well let's not think about that.
"You ok?" I hear joon say snapping me out of my day dream.
"Yeah I'm fine" I say searching for my phone.
"You sure? You seemed kind of distant"
"Yeah it's just that I don't want to be the white elephant in the room you know?"
"Being different isn't always bad. My mother used to tell me being unique separates you from everyone els wanting to be you" I never thought of it that way.
"Thank you joonjoon I feel a lot better."
We pulled up to a beautiful apartment building.
"Room 406 ask tell the front desk your information they will know who you are". I looked over at him really confused.
"Where are you going?" I asked. I'm getting a little nervous.
"My boss called I have to go it's urgent. Don't be afraid ms.lynn you'll be loved." He smiled and patted me on my knee as he got out to open my door.
"I'll call you if I need you joon."
"Okay ms.lynn."
"I'm going now" I said as I waved goodbye and walked into the doors. Korean, speak Korean I remind myself. Here we go.
"안녕하세요(hello, how are you)" I said to the desk women.
"Ye hello who are you?" She asked.
"Lynn I'm from starship entertainment." She maid a ooooh type of sound and handed me a room card.
"7th floor" she said and passed me a keycard.
"Thank you." I bowed my head and walked towards the elevator. 406 406. I kept thinking to myself. The elevator opened and I stepped in there were people in it so I got weird looks. I kept my head down unit it finally stopped at the 7th floor. I was alone by then. 406 I kept saying. I reached it and I slid the key card. It didn't open I looked to see if it was the right number door and it was. I slid it again but the opposite was. IT OPENED YES!! I thought I would have to sleep in the hallway my first night.
"Wow." Was the first thing I said it was beautiful so modern. Colorful furniture. Big tv. Oh my gosh is that a PlayStation?!? Oh yes. Waking around I doubt the rooms there are about 4 rooms. And I pick the biggest one there's stuff in all of them already. So I assume I had roommates? Yay!! Girls night. So I put my luggage in the big room and changed into a pajama t-shirt and went to play 2k16. Yeeessss.

About and hour into playing I hear a big thump on the door and jump on the floor.
"Hello?" I say from under the couch. Then the thumping gets louder and I panic and run into my room into the closet. And hide behind some clothes. Which went mine... Who's clothes are....... I don't have time for this in getting robbed my first night in Korea. But what if it's my roommates? Well they would have a key card.
"Uuummmm" I say in panic. My phone!!!!! It's on the couch! I deserve to die. *BANG* I heard thrn it went quiet. I heard the sound to the key code open. They got in. Nooooooo. Ok calm down wooosa. I'm just in a closet hiding for my life my first day. Nothing special. At least I won that game of 2k. I hear footsteps more then one. Oh no.
"Someone's here" I hear a male voice say.
"Really? How could you tell?" Someone els says in a sarcastic voice. Now is not the time to laugh Lynn. I say in my head. Footsteps towards my room. No please there is a lot to steal I. This house no need to come this way.
"A phone" another voice says. No my phone.
"Look at the screen" the same voice says.
I can't hear much anymore they aren't that loud I hear the door squeak open. Ooooh no no don't kill me.
"Who's pink leopard bag is this in my room?" A male voice says.
His room? Oh god.😱

-photo of Lynn