Chapter 27 - Be With Me

Start from the beginning

"You really are annoying," she said, obviously trying not to smile. "But I guess that's what makes you, you."

"Um, thanks I think!" I muttered, trying to work out if it was a compliment or a thinly veiled insult.

Either way, I shook the thought away and bounced down the steps to Lily's side. I threw my arm over her shoulder and pulled her in close, an overwhelming sense of happiness flooding through me as we walked to the Harley. Today was the day we started our road trip from California to Michigan, a long winded drive, but one that would no doubt turn in to one of the best things I'd done, especially driving with the girl I loved.

As we stepped up to the Harley, I paused and watched as Lily swung her leg over and straddled the bike, sticking the key in the ignition. No matter how many times I saw her sitting on it like that, it made my heart beat a little quicker. I was still amazed at how just looking at Lily could make me feel so many things that I had never felt before she came in to my life.

"Oh come on dude," I heard her laugh, throwing her hands up in the air in an exaggerated fashion. "Everytime I get on the bike you just stand there and gawk at me. I thought you would have been used to it by now!"

"So did I," I muttered, my eyes raking over her tight black shorts and the flimsy buttoned shirt she was wearing. "But it seems that no matter how many times I see you straddling that bike, it never fails to get my motor running."

She burst out laughing and patted the seat behind her. "Just get on the bike will you," she smiled. "We've gotta go back to the apartment and get our stuff, and then say goodbye to Jen and Dean."

Stepping up to the bike, I threw my leg over and reached under Lily's blouse, wrapping my arms around her waist. I smiled when she looked over her shoulder and raised her eyebrow questioningly. "You know it works just as well when you hold on over my shirt, right?" She asked sarcastically.

"Sure," I nodded innocently, stroking her bare skin.. "But it doesn't as feel good as this."

"Be that as it may," she laughed. "If me stroking you puts you off driving, don't you think it's plausible that I find it kind of distracting?"

"Maybe," I nodded, leaning forward and resting my head on her shoulder, "But you have much better self control than I do, so let's go driver! I'm trusting you not to crash in to a wall and kill us both."

"Well thanks for the support," she muttered sarcastically, before turning around and kissing me on the tip of the nose lightly. "Guess we better get home. We've got bags to pick up!"

"Hell yeah!" I grinned as we pulled out in to traffic and drove towards the apartments, the excitement of finally going home and seeing my family becoming almost too much.

.............................................

Lily POV:

"So, you guys all ready to go?" Jen smiled as Noah and I stepped out of my bedroom with our backpacks slung over our shoulders.

"Yep," I nodded happily. "Bags are packed, the sun is shining. A perfect start to a thirty hour road trip!"

"I still can't believe you two have decided to drive rather than fly," Dean said as he leapt off the sofa and walked over to us. "You know you're extending your journey by like....twenty-eight hours, or something like that."

"Of course we know," Noah smiled, taking my hand. "But all that extra time will give Lily and me the chance to have a little fun, if you catch my drift."

Dean and Noah burst out laughing, but as I listened to them, a pang of nerves hit my stomach. He didn't know it yet, but I was ready to be with him. In fact, I had been ready for a while, I was just too scared to admit it to him. My experience was limited, and I didn't even know how to bring it up. Pushing the thought to the back of my mind, I smiled and whacked him on the arm, stopping the high five that Dean was in the process of initiating.