Chapter 15: A Harsh Rejection and a New Friend

Începe de la început

"If you can catch me" Liz laughed hysterically.

I rolled my eyes while shaking my head, my usual action instead of sighing. I trotted towards the girls' bathroom, hoping that Karin wasn't too heartbroken.

"Hey, Karin?" I called into the silent washroom.

There was no answer. I got to my knees and saw a pair of feet in the third cubicle.

"Hey, Karin, I know you're in here, I don't bite...very hard" I added quietly.

She suddenly thrust the door open, a resounding bang echoed in the tiled room.

"What else do you want from me?! You already took Sasuke-kun away from me and I've already lost my reputation thanks to you! Just leave me alone!" she screamed, tears creating a river on her face.

I breathed deeply, "Karin, look, I didn't mean to 'take' Sasuke away from you, but you've also gotta understand that he doesn't exactly 'belong' to you" I started slowly.

"Shut up! I don't want to hear it!" she said as she took her glasses off and sniffled quietly.

I scratched my head, not knowing what to do best, "Um, you know, if you stopped being mean to everyone, you'd have a lot more friends than...uh, those two girls who follow you around" I said, forgetting their names.

She didn't reply, she just kept crying.

I walked up to her and put a tentative hand on her shoulder, "Look, I think that you can be a pretty decent person without all the trash talk and snappiness. Come and hang with us, you might like it" I shrugged.

She scowled at me, "Why would I want to hang out with you! Your probably just going to rub it in my face that you have Sasuke-kun and I don't!" she shrieked.

I cringed as my ears rang from the volume of her exclamation but my expression stayed calm, "No, I won't do anything like that. You can even come along the next time we go do something fun...only if you're nice"  I smiled at her and she looked up at me, her eyes red and watery.

"Why would you do that for me? I've been mean to you and your friends but..." she seemed really confused.

I shrugged again, "I dunno, I guess everyone deserves a second chance".

She looked down, not knowing what to say. So I said something for her.

"Come on, wash your face, we still have to go to class" I looked at my cell tucked into my back pocket, "Which we are late by two minutes for".

"Sorry I'm late, Sensei, I...uh...I had to clean something up" I said, telling half of the truth.

I rushed in without waiting for a reply and seated myself at my desk beside Sasuke and Liz. After a little while, Sasuke and Liz both threw their notes at me. Liz's caught me in the eye while Sasuke's dropped to the ground.

"Ow" I hissed at her, Liz smiled apologetically.

I nudged my pencil off the desk next to the note and bent over to pick both items up. I read Liz's note first, just to bug Sasuke.

What's up? Did you beat the crap out of Karin?

I shook my head at Liz and mouthed a single word, Later.

I opened Sasuke's note.

What happened in the washroom? Should I have been there to watch?

I raised my eyebrow at him and he winked and smiled devilishly.

"Dirty minded" I muttered to myself.

"Elvira? Is there something you would like to share with us?" Kakashi had seen me holding the note.