The Spell is Broken

Chapter 9: The Spell is Broken
Sam's POV

I sat on the edge of the bed next to October while Dean and Bobby set up. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes. She looked scared, almost betrayed. "Sam," she whispered. "Please. Let me go."

"Not yet," I replied.

"Why? What did I do to deserve this?"

I sighed. Then asked, "What do you remember from last night?"

"What? What does that--"

"October, please," I interrupted. She took a deep breath and waited a moment before answering.

"I remember Drake coming back and asking why you two were in my home."

"Anything else?"

"He told me to follow him. That there was someone who wanted to see me."

"Did you follow him?"

"I don't know. I don't remember much past that." That's when Bobby joined us.

"Are we ready?" I asked him.

"Almost," he said with a sigh. I looked down at his hand. In it he held a knife.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" October said.

" I'm sorry. But I have to do this." Bobby took the knife and brought it to October's wrist. I watched as October struggled to get free. Bobby slid the knife across the girl's wrist, creating a small, shallow cut. He held a small bowl under her wrist and gathered a few drops of blood. He then took it over to the table they had set up as the tears once again crept down October's face.

"Please Sam," she said. "Tell me what's going on." I gently wiped away a tear.

" It's going to be okay," I said. Bobby started chanting as he held October's necklace over the bowl. He lit the stuff in the bowl on fire using a candle. Then, he slowly lowered the necklace into the flame. October suddenly tensed up, her face twisted in pain, and let out a blood-curdling scream. She then started spazzing really bad, still screaming,

"Bobby, what's going on?" Dean asked as I tried in vein to calm October down.

"Like I said, the longer the bond is in place, the stronger it becomes," Bobby said,

"So you're saying this is killing her?" I asked.

"No, I wouldn't do it if it did. I'm saying it's torture for her."

"Well how much longer?" Dean asked.

"Until this is finished burning." October was still flailing about. Just as the necklace finished burning, she stopped. Bobby rushed over to her as she choked out sobs. He unchained her, then held her in his arms.

_______________________________________________________________________

Dean's POV

Shortly after October calmed down, I started questioning her, but to no avail. All she remembered was her brother saying someone wanted to see her. When we told her we saw her trying to rip a man to shreds, she didn't take it all that well. "What?" she said. "No. No, there's no way that was me."

"October, I--" Sam began to say.

"No. You must have gotten me mixed up with another skin walker."

"We saw you you shift back."

"I would never do something like that."

"Not if you had a choice," I said.

"What are you talking about?"

"That necklace," Bobby said. "Someone used it to control you." October sat there a moment, looking like she was about to cry.

"I have to go," she finally said, getting up and heading for the door.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked.

"Back to my hotel room."

"We'll take you." She turned around.

"No. That's okay."

"We insist," I said. "Besides, we need to keep an eye on you until we get this whole thing sorted out."

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

As we drove towards October's motel, we saw a glow the color of ember. As we got closer, we realized it was her motel on fire. "What the?" I asked.

"No," I heard October say. "No!" I turned around and started back towards Bobby's. "Stop the car," she said.

"There's nothing we can do." I glanced back at her as I spoke. I then heard the back door open. "Son of a bitch," I said as I slammed on my brakes and glanced back at the girl in the back seats of the Impala, but she was gone before I came to a complete stop. As Sam and I got out of the car, she was running into the burning building. Sam tried to follow her. But as he reached the open doorway, the flames around it rose up, blocking his way. "October!" I shouted. "October!"