Tyler

Chapter 10: Tyler
October's POV

Flames blocked the doorway and I knew there was no going back. I managed to get to my bedroom, avoiding flames and falling debris. Flames sprouted from my bed. I got down on my hands and knees and looked under it. No flames, just I bunch of smoke. I reached out and grabbed the box. I then went over to the flame infested dresser and grabbed as many photos that I could salvage and that would fit in the already partially filled box. With my eyes and throat stinging, I stumbled out of my room. Disoriented from the smoke, I took a few steps, then collapsed on the floor. Choking and clutching the box, I saw a figure come in and head towards me, too short to be one of my brothers. I saw him reach me before I blacked out.

_________________________________________________________________

Sam's POV

After what seemed like forever, we saw Tyler carrying October out of the building. Dean pulled out his gun and pointed at the skin walker as he set our sister down. "Step away from her," Dean said as I crouched down by October who was choking as she sat up. Tyler did what he was told.

"Please," he said. "I just want to help."

"Yeah right," Dean said. He looked down at me and October. "What the heck were you thinking?" Without speaking, October just pointed to the box she had been holding. Still pointing his gun at Tyler, Dean walked over to the box and opened it. "Pictures?" he asked. "You risked your life, for pictures?"

"It's all I have left," she said.

"I have something for you," Tyler said. Dean returned his attention to him. Tyler put his hand in his pocket. Dean cocked his gun. "It's okay," the boy said. He pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Dean. "I was supposed to leave it here, but I don't want to be apart of this."

Dean took the paper. Then, lowering his gun, read it out loud. "'Hunters, meet us back here at midnight. It's about time we settle this.' There's no signature."

"It's from Drake. He wants to teach you a lesson for messing with his sister and he won't be alone."

"How many is he bringing?"

"I don't know. 10. 20."

"Did he do this?" October asked.

"Let's just get October back to Bobby's before midnight," I said, not giving him time to answer.

"But I--"

"We'll talk about it later. Now get in the car," Dean said. He turned his attention to Tyler. "You too."

____________________________________________________________

October Winchester

After we got to Bobby's and explained what happened, they put me back in the spare room and lined it with salt. They let Tyler stay. It took a little convincing, and a couple of threats, but they eventually agreed. Then Sam and Dean went to meet with Drake while Bobby also stayed. Angry that I didn't tell him about my brother and seeing I didn't want to talk about it, he went downstairs.

"So did Drake start that fire?" I asked when we were alone. We were sitting on the bed together. Tyler was quiet. He gently brushed some hair out of my face. "Tyler," I said, annoyed.

"Drake's told me a lot about you, he said. "About how much you care about people. But one thing he didn't mention was how beautiful you are."

I jerked away from him. "I'm serious," I said, blushing a little.

"I don't know." I knew he was lying.

"Tell the truth." He sighed, then stood up. He grabbed my hands and stood me up, leading me to the center of the room. He then grabbed the thing of salt the others had left on the bedside table. The circle he made around me was small, only able to fit maybe one other person. He set down the container, I realized what he was doing. He stepped inside the circle, having to be close to me to be completely inside it. I was trapped! Trapped with a boy I barely even knew. He took my hands in his and started humming. It took me a few moments to realize he was humming Can't Fight This Feeling by Foreigner. I smiled.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a slight laugh as I looked up at him.

"Humming."

"Yeah... I-I mean know... but that song... why... I... It's..." I stammered.

"A love song?"

"Let's just say there are better songs."

"What's your favorite song then?"

"Stop avoiding the question. Tell me who started the fire."

"Go ahead Tyler. Tell her," a familiar voice said. Tyler and I faced the doorway where my brother stood. Tyler stepped in front of, me as if defending me.

"Why did you do it?" I asked, holding back tears.

"After they got rid of the necklace, we had no way to control you. You'd just go back to protecting the brainless little parasites." I tried to step towards him, but the salt stopped me.

"Leave her alone," Tyler said. "She's had enough."

"Make me," Drake challenged. Suddenly, Tyler shifted and stepped over the salt circle without ruining it. At the same time Drake shifted, too. The began trying to rip out each other's throats. At one point, Drake was about to pounce on me when Tyler grabbed his leg in his mouth, causing my brother to crash to the ground. Drake got up turned around. That's when I noticed he had ruined the salt circle. Drake pounced on Tyler. They skidded across the floor and into the hall, scattering the grains of salt that had lined the doorway. Tyler barked at me to leave. I opened my mouth to protest, but he just repeated himself. I then ran out the door and around the two wrestling wolves. As I ran down the hall, something grabbed my leg and I fell to the ground. I turned and saw Drake with his jaw clenching my leg. I kicked him in the face. With a yelp of pain, he let go. I then limped down the hall and down the stairs.

When I got downstairs, I called for Bobby. He didn't answer. I kept calling for him until I saw him lying on the ground in the kitchen. I hobbled over to him, quickly. After checking his pulse and seeing he was alive, I looked over at where he kept the keys. I looked back at him as I heard more yelps of pain coming from upstairs. "I'm sorry," I said before getting up and grabbing the keys.