Exposed

Chapter 5: Exposed
Sam's POV

October wasn't at the motel when we arrived. There had been another murder the night before and Dean wanted to talk to her. "She's not here," Dean said as if it was a sign of guilt.

"That doesn't mean she's guilty," I said. "I'll just call her."

"Wait, you got her number?"

"Yeah. In case we need to talk to her again." I looked at Dean's unchanging expression. "What?"

"I didn't say anything."

"What do you have against her, Dean? She's not the one who decided to stay away from us. You've got to stop taking your anger toward Dad and Bobby out on her."

"Yes I am mad at Dad and Bobby for keeping this from us. But I'm also mad that the monster Dad adopted is out there killing people."

"You don't know that."

"Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see when she gets here." I sighed. Then I found October's name in my contacts and clicked call.

"Hello?" October said after a couple of rings.

"Hey October, this is Sam. I was wondering if we could talk to you."

"Yeah, sure. Meet me at the motel?"

"Yeah, that'll work."

"I'll be there in ten minutes." And with that, she hung up. I put my phone away.

"So what did she say?" Dean asked.

"She'll be here in ten minutes."

"She better," he said.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Fifteen minutes later, October finally showed up.

"What took you so long?" Dean asked as soon as she walked through the door. He had taken a seat on the bed.

"It took me a little long to pack up than I thought alright?" she said, defensively, setting her backpack aside.

"Where were you last night?"

"Here, why?"

"There was another killing last night," I said. She looked down at her worn-out, grey converse.

"You know something about this?" Dean asked, standing up.

"No," October said, looking up.

"You better not be lying to me." Suddenly, a black wolf that looked just like October when she shifted jumped through the opened door and pinned Dean to the ground, snapping at his face.

As I pulled out my handgun, October shouted, "No, wait!" She then started shouting at the wolf in some strange language. The wolf got off Dean, still growling. October went over to the bedside table and pulled out some clothes. Then, proceeding to talk in the strange language, led the wolf to the bathroom. After she closed the door, she turned back towards us. We just stared at her, shocked.