.:Chapter 6:. - His Illness -

Sorry for the long wait for this one, but here it is!

Oh, and did I forget to mention (even though it's kinda obvious) that Natsu's father, mother and brother all have the last name: Dragneel? Well, now you know if you didn't before lol. ;)
--------------------------------------------
Returning to Zeref's flash back of his past:

After the first few weeks of my young brother's birth, he began to get sick all the time. We brought him to the doctors in our village and outside of our village for months on end. However, no matter how many doctors we brought Natsu to, they all said something similar to the same thing.

"I am very sorry, but I'm afraid we just can't locate what is wrong with your son, Mr. and Mrs. Dragneel. We believe it's some sort of un-known disease though. The consistency of this illness happening everyday, and the sever-ness of it alone proves that fact to be true. And I am also sorry to say this at such a difficult time, but I think you all should be preparing for the worst. Since your child is only three months of age, I highly doubt his body can withstand much more of this-"
The doctor stated sadly, but was suddenly cut off from his last sentence.

My dad suddenly stood up and forcefully grabbed the collar of the doctor standing before him. He looked so angry, that I almost wanted to just crawl up into a corner of the building after looking directly into his eyes.

Me and my mother (who was holding a sleeping Natsu in her arms at the moment) looked up at him in shock. "You don't know that! It-it's not a for sure thing! He could heal up with just some kind of medicine in the next few months! He can take it because he's my son and he can't leave me so soon. He-he's just..."
My mother gave Natsu to me for a moment as she went over and crouched down where my dad had fallen on his knees after he let go of the doctor. He broke into tears with his hands over his eyes. My mom tried to comfort him, but he just wouldn't stop sobbing. I had never seen my dad cry this much before, but I don't blame him. I was almost on the break of tears as well, but I held them back. I couldn't bare to even think about my brother dying at such a young age.

The doctor took this as a sign to step away from the scene at hand but before he did he said,
"I am very sorry. I understand that what you're going through is hard, and I hope he gets better as well. I'm just informing you of what I know about the situation, but no, that doesn't mean that it's a for sure thing that your son won't make it through this. In fact, I wish you all the best of luck that he gets better as soon as possible."
My mom looked up to the doctor still crouched on the ground and holding my father in her arms who stopped sobbing for the moment. She gave the kind doctor a weak smile as she said, "Thank you. We understand that you're just informing us, and I apologize for my husband's outburst. He's just going through a very tough time right now. We all are."
The doctor nodded and gave my mom a kind smile as he left the room.

I looked down at Natsu who was now awake but still quiet. I brought him up a little bit so that his head was touching mine. I closed my eyes tightly and quietly whispered to him.

"Natsu, I'm gonna cure your illness no matter what happens, I promise. So for now, please don't leave us...please."
I couldn't hold it in any more. I silently sobbed, my tears running down my face and landing on my brother's.

There was no way I was letting him die when he just barely started the first stage of his life! I was gonna save him no matter what had to be done!
--------

Sorry for the short chapter! :(
I just got a lot of school work that I have to focus on right now so the updating will be slow, fair warning! But please check out my other book as well and I hope you liked this chapter. Since this was so short though and didn't explain that much, I'm writing another flashback chapter in chapter 7, sorry for my laziness. 😁