Chapter 13: A Promise he won't break

Start from the beginning

In a matter of minutes, we were on our way. “Blood type?” one paramedic asked me.

“O+,” I said knowing everything about her. I knew as much as her parents would.

“Does she have any medical problems that you know about?” he asked.

“No, and she has never had any surgeries either,” I answered before he even asked. “She is not on any medications and not allergic to any.”

The paramedic nodded and remained silent as they put an IV in her arm. I was sitting at the front near her head and leaned down to lay a gentle kiss to her brow. Both men looked at me in my weakest state anyone has ever witnessed. Even as a little boy I could keep a hard exterior.

“She’ll be alright, Sir. So far, nothing is broken. I promise we will do all we can.” The other paramedic said.

I nodded and knew they meant what they said. My Kitten might be battered but in my heart, I knew she would come back to me.

Hours later, I sat beside her bed waiting on her to awaken. Luckily, she didn’t have any broken bones or internal injuries. Only bruising and a slight concussion was the worst. The pain meds they had her on is what kept her under longer than necessary.

It was killing me not being able to see her beautiful gold colored eyes.

Just as I was about to get up to stretch, my Kitten opened her eyes and tried to get up. I laid my hand gently on her chest to hold her in place. My heart picked up just seeing her responsive.

“Careful baby,” I said as gently as my voice would allow. “You’re in the hospital and you can’t get up until the doctor checks you out.”

Before she even said anything, her brows creased as she was remembering what happened. “He pushed me, didn’t he?” she said as her lips trembled.

I nodded and took her hand in mine. “I will kill him for what he’s done when you’re better. That’s a promise I will never break.” I vowed. I needed her to know he was still alive but not for long.

I would have chased him earlier and killed him but none of us could leave Kitten until we knew she was okay. Connor and Laven were already trying to find him right now. They wouldn’t leave the hospital until they talked to the doctor.

Kade even came up here for a few minutes to make sure she was okay. Apparently that bitch, Jenna, drugged him with her own concoction she made with tea. He was highly upset and decided to hunt her down himself. I knew he would kill her if he got his hands on her. And I didn’t care less. She almost killed my Kitten for helping out Dennis.

Kitten nodded and tears suddenly streamed down her face. “He killed my parents, Bain!” she cried.

I growled and slammed my fist through the table beside her bed, crushing it. I knew he did since I put two and two together but her tears and sadness I couldn’t handle.

The doctor and two nurses burst in with confused looks. They look at the table I just crushed in one hit and both women left without looking into my eyes. The doctor nervously approached Kitten and asked was she okay.

I wanted to wrap my hand around his throat for even thinking I was in here harming her, but I also understood. I just didn’t like it.

Kitten nodded and put her hand in mine to reassure the doctor. “He was just upset over hearing what happened to me. Um, can you please check me out so we can go home? I would feel much safer at home than here,” she rambled out.

Kitten wasn’t lying to the doctor either. I heard the truth behind those words and became even angrier. I felt like the biggest wimp for not already killing Dennis when I had the chance. I was responsible for protecting my mate but I’ve done a poor job. Kitten would definitely be angry with me for a while because I wasn’t going to worry about hurting her feeling until Dennis was dead.