Chapter 4

Hey everyone, how are you all? I am terribly sorry about the absence of myself and my writing, I just haven't had the time to write, that and also I have had major writer's block. It seemed as, every time I thought of an idea to go on with the book, my mind would just through it out and make me start over. But don't fear, I believe that I have an idea now. So again, I am terribly sorry for my absence. Now, on with the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zander's P.O.V

Waking up was the hardest, the silver chains made me so drowsy that I thought I hadn't even slept, at all. Sitting up and looking around, I found that I was in one of the guest bedrooms. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I stand up, or try to at least. I have to sit back down as a major headache comes. Its so bad, I feel like, Mt Saint Helens has exploded in my head. Groaning, I blink away the spots. Getting up, again, I go to the bathroom, and look at myself in the mirror. I look like shit.

Stripping of, I go into the shower, letting the hot water hit my skin feels so good. The hot water relaxes my muscles and relieves some of my stress. Leaning my head against the tiled wall, I let my mind wonder. How long was it since I blacked out? How is my mate? Has anyone hurt her? If she is hurt, the people that hurt her, won't even know what hit them. I growl at the thought of my mate being hurt. Getting out of the shower, I dry myself, and warp the towel around my waist. Walking out of the bathroom, I go into the wardrobe. Every guest bedroom, has a wardrobe filled with cloths, in case anyone decides to go on a rampage in their own room. Quickly getting changed, I walk out of the bedroom, and go down the hall to the stairs, descending the stairs, I go into the kitchen to see my mother and father having a heated discussion.

"What do we do with the girl?" My father asks my mother. What girl? I quickly hide behind the wall, listening carefully.

"I don't know, Xavier. What happened?" My mother replied.

"We were chasing a rouge when we lost it the sent for a minute. Some of the pack members had thought that it had gone off of our territory. When we heard a scream, it came from a kilometre, from where we were tracing the sent. I, along with the rest of the warriors, went to investigate, when we caught the sent of the rouge again. It was chasing a girl. We followed it, when it cornered the girl on the cliff, the warriors came out of the trees and surrounded the rouge. I came out after, killed it, and turned around to see if the girl was alright. I had obviously scared the girls half to death as she fell, off the side of the cliff," at this point I herd my mother gasped, "I caught her just in time, pulled her up to safety, where she fainted afterwards." My father finished telling the story. I had to laugh under my breath, when my mother growled, at the part where the girl fainted in my father's arms. It was then that I had smelled a familiar sent. I was obviously so caught up in my own thoughts that, I never even noticed it before. But now I noticed it, and it hit me full force. It was my mate, she was here.

"Where is the girl now?" My mother asked.

"She is in one of the guest rooms, away from the un-mated males." My father stated.

"Good, I will go and see her now, check up on her." My mother told my father, she walked out of the kitchen and noticed me.

"Zander? How long have you been standing there for?" My mother questioned me. At this point my father came out of the kitchen, and stood behind my mother, arms crossed. He knew I was there all along, he wanted me to hear my mother's and his conversation, otherwise he would have told me to come out from behind the wall.

"Just a few minutes mum." I replied, looking down at my mum, and her quizzical face. She was studying me, to see if I was telling the truth. After looking at me for a while longer, she nodded and made her way to the guest room, that could possibly be holding my mate.

"Zander, I need to talk to you." My father said, I looked at him, nodded and followed him up to his office. On the way to his office, we passed a room, where I smelt my mates scent coming from, I was almost tempted to stop, but I didn't knowing that my mother would be pissed if I did stop, and barge in, and that my father would drag me out the second I even laid a foot inside the room. Walking into my fathers office, I had a seat, and my father sat behind his desk.

"Now, I know that your mate is in the room that your mother is in right now." My father stated. I was shocked, how did he know it was my mate? I never told him or anyone what she looked like.

"How do you know this, dad?" I asked him. My father looked at me as if I was stupid, which I am not.

"You don't honestly think that I am that stupid do you, Zander?' My father questioned. I shook my head. "Very well, I know she is your mate because I smelt your sent on her faintly. Now the reason I needed to talk to you is, that, I believe that your mate is not all human." He stated, I looked up surprised by what he said.

"What do you mean, not all human?" I asked him, cautiously.

"What I mean is, I believe that someone in your mates family is one of our kind, now she might not know it, but I sure as hell do. I smelt another scent besides your mates, in her house, when I went to investigate, why the rouge was after her." At this I growled, a rouge had tried to hurt my mate. "Now I believe the scent to be female, so I suspect the mother to be one of us, I don't know for sure. This is why, your mate will be staying here, at the pack house, for your own good, and so we can get her mother and question her. I believe that her mother was once part of our pack." My father told me. I was ecstatic, finding out that my mate was going to be staying here in the pack house with me, made me and my wolf happy. But I needed to find out who was the she-wolf my father suspected to be her mother.

"Who do you think her mother is, Dad?" I asked, at this question my father scowled.

"Kitty" Was all my father said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter complete, again so sorry for the long wait.

Until next time my lovelies!