3

A/N Sorry about the bold technical difficulty.
Stay gold <3

I woke up but I wasn't sure where I was. There were blurry figures in front of me and everything I heard was muffled.

Finally my hearing cleared and I heard 3 voices one of which was Ponyboy.

"I don't know what happened Darry. I just lit my cigarette and she went crazy." Ponyboy explained.

"Guys she up!" The handsome one screamed.

"Alyssa are you okay? What happened?" One asked.

"Um........ Um." I replied scared to answer.

"Oh right. This is Sodapop and Darry." Pony said pointing to the two boys. That gave me a little more trust. "There my brothers."

"Well um...... Darry is it?" I asked and he nodded. "Well after Johnny died I developed a huge fear of fire and smoke." I told him.

They all nodded then Soda and Darry left leaving Pony and I. I then realised I was no longer in my long sleeved black shirt and dark jeans. I was wearing a blue sweatshirt and black sweatpants that were way to big on me.

"Um why am I wearing these?" I asked Ponyboy. He stared at me confused for a second then started to speak.

"Well after you fainted some socs came and attacked Soda, you, and me. They beat up Soda and I but well by the time we got to you the middle of your shirt was gone and your pants were slowly tearing at the seams." I gasped. "Well these are my clothes and you weren't cut up." He paused. "By the socs but we saw the ones you did to yourself. Why?" He asked.

"I didn't." I swallowed hard remembering what my parents did to me. "After Johnny died my parents well they couldn't cause harm to themselves but they sure could harm the only child they have left. My father came home drunker then ever. He pushed me down to the floor and told me to sit there. He then grabbed his switchblade and pulled up the sleeve to my shirt. He started to cut line after line. He came awfully close to my vein then stopped. He then ripped me off the floor and started to beat me nonstop for about an hour. It hurt like heck but I couldn't do any thing." That memory was scared in my brain as good as the scars on my arms. Pony was staring at the floor and it was obvious he was thinking.

"Well our job was always to protect Johnny and I'm gonna do the same for you. Your not going back there. You can stay with us." Ponyboy said. At this point I was to tired to argue and just layed my head down and fell asleep.