Chapter 1: Five Gold Pieces Richer

Start from the beginning

"I - I'm doing fine. I just have one question to ask you." Callum gulped in his breath he had been holding onto for at least the whole day and motioned for Daga, his snow panther partner and spirit sprinted out of the blue holding a sign on his white neck.

Daley gasped as the folk around Noble only chuckled at the reaction of the small female. The sign read "Luna Festival. You & Me together?". Stars were scattered on the board with the big question while the moon hid in the corner. Noble held in his breath, amazed how the the girl who hid in plain sight got asked, but Noble didn't? That's right. No one did know what Noble preferred? Plus, it wasn't like they noticed to care. 

Noble and Mylo had to hold their mouths, so their laughs wouldn't echo through the mountains to awaken the animals. Noble held onto Mylo's forearm in hope that his best friend could anchor him, but both failed. Noble swore that his side would be hurting for a while after this.

"Why would I go with an egotistical dickhead who couldn't think with the right head?" Daley had plainly insulted the embarrassed jock in front of her. Callum's face wasn't red of blushing for his crush, no. It was flaming hot just like his hot-headed ways. His fists clenched in fury as he was publicly - in front of the whole damn village - humiliated. Daley smirked at her words were getting to the stubborn jock, so she decided to add fuel to the fire for the fun of it, "Actually, I saw you flirting with Izzy a few days ago. You guys are certainly close. Only natural to put the school whores together for the Lunar Festival. Remind me when the baby comes, because you can obviously see the bump forming!" She blew a kiss, "Ta - ta!"

Noble held out his hand while his laughter only made him wheeze into his scarf. Mylo wheezing with his smaller best friend slapped five gold pieces in said hand. You see, Noble and Mylo made a bet the very morning they heard about the confession and ask. Noble instantly propped up from his sleepy daze, and placed a bet that Daley would full out reject Callum. Mylo begged to differ, saying even though Callum was a complete asshole, no one would refuse him.

"Oi, Dud! What are you laughing at?!" Callum finally took notice to the two boys who were now almost passed out by the lack of breath. Noble and Mylo only grinned wickedly before another voice decided to interrupt.

"Bitch! You didn't just call me fat! Whore at that!" A full head of ginger-red hair rudely pushed through the crowd and over to Daley, who was now fighting off her own laugh. Izzy's snake wrapped around her hand and hissed at Daley. Both were shooting her venomous looks of disgust and hatred. 

"Only speaking the truth, Darling." Daley threaded on thin ice, and Noble could only admire her brave act to stand up against the red-head queen of the village. 

Izzy was a very stubborn girl who only acted nice towards you if you had something she wanted. Other than that, her face was always in bitch mode. She would snap at random town folk no matter the age for no reason, and even one time went as far as injuring one of the teachers for giving her a bad grade. There were a lot of similarities between the bad girl and bad boy, but both knew for a fact that they were complete whores and wouldn't admit it. 

This would of ended in a cat fight between the two if one of the elders of the village hadn't intervened before Izzy drew her cat claws. Noble and Mylo ran over to Daley once the elders collected Izzy to punish in town hall. The rule was simple in the village. If there was anything that disturbed the peace we had took so long to establish, you would be sentenced a short trial or as long as years, depending on the severity of the act against the peace. 

"You okay, Daley?" Noble worried about his friend. He wiped his frozen tears away as Daley winked at Noble. Daley wrapped her arm around Noble's waist while doing the same with Mylo.