“Remember, keep this secret between us.” He says. I shrug in turn and nod.

“Fine then, I won’t tell a soul. Never Ever Never I promise.”

5 minutes later

“You had SEX with Jacob Patterson!?”

I throw my hands up to shut Kim up and shush her. Chris lets out a chuckle and Bobby’s face is indifferent. He seems to be deep in thought. I pulled them outside behind the school so I could tell them. I know Jacob said not to…but I couldn’t help it! It’s not my fault. I swear!

“Tell me what happened?” Chris asks, curiosity plastered all over his face, Kimmy is just as eager. She sits on the floor grass. I swear, if they had popcorn this would be movie night for these two.

“Well when we were at the party I got a little, well a whole lot drunk and I guess I seduced him into plucking my cherry…”

“No way.” Chris says in awe, “You got one of the most popular dudes in school to have sex with you. You? Dude you are legend.”

“How big was his…you know.” Kimmy asks biting her lip. Bobby laughs, finally showing some emotion.

“I don’t know, or can remember but I couldn’t have been that big if I don’t feel any pain in my ass right? Or did I poke him with my banana?” the three of them snort and I raise an eyebrow.

“What? Are you saying I can’t top him just because he’s a muscular jock?” I bark, playfully but still wanting to know their thoughts. My ego is on the line here.

“No, that’s not what we’re saying.” Kimmy insist, playing with her dyed hair. Chris shrugs and says,

“We’re saying that you can’t top anyone, not just because he’s a jock. You’re a pretty small guy.” I gasp and put my hand over my heart as If I was just shot.

“I can so do it.” Bobby places a hand on my shoulder and looks my directly in the eyes.

“Evan, let’s face it….you didn’t top Jacob Patterson.” I groan and roll my eyes. Their right anyway. There’s no way he’d let that happen.

“You don’t seem too happy about it. Usually people who have sex with Jacob are puking up rainbows, farting glitter and crapping unicorns all day.” Kimmy says, and I shrug leaning up against the smooth wall of the school.

The sun seems to be playing hooky because the weather is unnaturally cool today; usually it’s a little more humid. Clouds cover the sky, shielding us from the sun which peaks out behind them.

“How can I be happy when I lost my virginity to someone who doesn’t want me to even be in their presence?” Bobby gives me a crooked smile and squeezes my shoulder.

“Sorry kiddo.”

“It’s okay, it’s not like I like him or anything.” I murmur. Kimmy raises an eyebrow and the three of them share glances. None of which ever reached me. Maybe it’s something they did before I came along...a code or something. Great! Now I feel left out.

“What’s with the looks, am I missing something?” I finally ask, getting agitated by their gazes towards one another. Kim opens her mouth but closes it abruptly.

“What? You guys think I’m lying?” Chris bites his lips, suppressing a laugh and Kim looks in a random direction.

“It’s not that we think you’re lying, it’s that we know you’re not telling the truth.”

Wha…

“Okay, that made no sense, stop trying to confuse me.” Kimmy’s eyes return to our circle and she gives me a half smile.