Chapter 9

I woke up to my alarm clock. I groaned and rolled over lifting my head to look at the clock. I saw that it was 7:30 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and let out a big yawn. Today was the day we verse the idiot Phillips and his team. I quickly went to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. I decided to skip a shower this morning since I knew I would be sweating today. After I brushed my teeth, I went to my closet to pick out an outfit. I settled on jeans shorts and a baseball tee. I grabbed socks and my black P.F. Flyers then bolted to the dining room to eat breakfast. I bumped into a sleepy Scotty on the way as he was going to the bathroom.

"Mornin' Scotty," I greeted him. He looked up with sleepy eyes and nodded in response as he made his way to the bathroom.

I just continued my way down the hall smelling bacon. I was excited for breakfast because I was really hungry. I saw Susan finishing up the dishes. I quickly went next to her to help.

"My dad went to work already?"

"Yes. He's also going to be home late," she responded washing the last dish. She passed it to me as I nodded in response.

"So how was your date?" She held a curious gaze as she eyed me.

"It was great. I had a lot of fun. He's really a sweet guy. I really like him."

"I'm so glad you are happy, Elizabeth."

"Thank you, Susan," I said smiling kindly at her.

"Good mornin' mom, Liz," I heard Scotty say from the dining room.

Susan and I made our way to the dining room and sat down. We all ate breakfast in comfortable silence. I was devouring my bacon as I heard the doorbell ring. Scotty already bolted out of his seat. It had to be Benny. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:30. The game was at 9am at Phillips field. I quickly finished my last piece of bacon.

"Do you want me to do the dishes before I leave?" I asked Susan.

"No dear, you can go. Have a fun day," she replied smiling. I kindly smiled back at her and went to the front door. As I was tying my shoes, I was greeted by a voice that made me have butterflies in my stomach.

"Good morning beautiful."

I looked up to a smiling Benny as he gazed down at me. I smiled at him in response and then got back up grabbing my bat and mitt. We both walked outside the house as Scotty was there with Ham waiting for us. We started making our way to Phillips field. I was nervous as I was walking and I think Benny noticed it.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit nervous. I mean I wanna beat those idiots," I replied laughing slightly.

"We're gonna beat em'," he said confidently. I just looked up at him and smiled as he looked down at me with a reassuring smile.

We got there to be greeted by the rest of the guys. We saw Phillips and his guys all coming on their bikes. As I looked at Phillips, he was already staring at me with a cocky smirk. I really don't like that guy. I looked away from Phillips as I heard a squeaky voice which made me cringe.

"Hi, Benny. I can't wait to watch you play," she said as she grabbed him and pushed her body against his.

"Let me go, Lucy. Only my girlfriend can touch me like that," he let go of her and grabbed me pulling me to his chest.

"You two are dating? I told you to stay away from him." She said looking at me with evil eyes. 

She was about to grab me but Benny quickly grabbed her arms and shook his head no. She looked at me with a really nasty look. I just gave her the same look back. We eyed each other for a while until she walked away completely defeated.