Alternate Ending: Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, you little bastards. Your all grounded." I laughed.

"Happy birthday Dad." They all looked up at me from their tangled up bodies and overjoyed grins.

"Thank you. " I smiled back.

"I missed the dog pile. You guys suck!" I was hit with the most intoxicating aroma that still hits me just as strong as the first day I met her. My mate, Madison.

We all laughed harder.

My kids got up. I sped my way over to Madison after and smirked at her. I heard her heart rate speed up and saw her shiver, that definitely wasn't because she was cold. It felt absolutely amazing to know that I still had that effect on her even at our age and after all this time.

I let my eyes shine over, "Well if it isn't my stubborn mate." I said still smirking.

She groaned then facepalmed, "Everything was sexy up until the point where you opened your mouth." She peaked up from her eyelashes smiling at me. I chuckled.

"Gross,"

"Ew."

"You guys couldn't wait just five minutes for us to leave," My pups groaned at us.

Madison and I laughed, "Oh look honey, our pups want me to kiss the birthday man." She smiled cheekily.

They groaned again, "Come here!" I laughed out.

They all came up and joined in our group hug.

I smiled and enjoyed this moment.

And in this moment I was happy that Madison fell in love with her Hero.

Madison's view:

Later during my mate's birthday, we were all sitting around the dining table. We were eating quietly because everyone else was scared to say happy birthday to my husband.

"Well, I'm stuffed." I said.

silence.

I kicked my husband under the table, his eyes flickered to me with amusement.

"Okay you all have five minutes to say something about today without repercussions." He sighed.

"Happy birthday little brother!"

"Yeah man, congrats on being older."

"Man, I think I see a gray hair."

"I got you something."

"Oh, I did too." They all started to yell.

He started groaning but I didn't miss the slight appreciative glint in his eyes.

We spent most of dinner talking about his birthday and our past peaceful years together.

"Hey mom.." Charlotte asked.

"Yeah, sweety?" I answered.

"When are we going to find our mates? Hell, when are the rest of us going to be able to leave this castle?" She asked.

Silence.

Our children have been home schooled by me for the last 20 years. So they haven't left the castle at all, it's big enough for it all. So, it's guessed that they haven't really had much of an opportunity to find their mates. We decided to keep them all home because we were scared the danger is too great outside the castle. We all decided that.

I glanced at Logan then at all my friends. They stared at us waiting for an answer. All the pups were staring at us as well.

Logan and I sighed, "We've actually been thinking about this lately."

"We're doing this now?" Jen asked us through mindlink. I nodded. She was referring to the fact that we basically needed to kick our pups out.

"You guys have?" Lucas asked, raising an eyebrow.

"All of you?" Jen's eldest son asked. We all nodded.

"You all are leaving the castle. Every one of you are going to go across the country to California and go to school. For the first year we'll give you money to take care of yourselves but after that, we're cutting you off. You need to start learning more responsibilities. You'll all be together for the first year and you'll take care of each other." Logan said.

"You'll all have the opportunity to come home if you guys wish. But that means you no longer have your royal title, you still have a home here, no judgement, and your high status though." I said.

"You guys can't be serious." James said shocked.

"Deadly. We've been training you guys all your life. Your caught up with the rest of the world, you all have further knowledge than any supernatural or human being, and have physical training. You all are ready for this." I said.

They started shouting and getting nervous.

Logan growled, loud.

I cleared my throat, "when we were younger, we were able to get through so much because of our real life experiences, our mates, and a reason to fight for it all. Want to know why? Because we experienced life. You guys need that. We've waited too long for you guys to do this."

"Mom, dad. You guys are really kicking us out?" Carter asked us. Our pups were the only ones talking back to us about this.

"Yes, don't you pups wonder why we still call you pups? You guys need to take your first steps and run. Go on the hunt for life." Logan said.

We were met with silence, "Okay. When?" Lucas asked. I was so proud of my pups, they were already very strong leaders. But they needed to prove it.

"As soon as the youngest turn 15." I said looking at Jen and Mason's pup who is turning 15 in a few months. In time for school to start.

They were silent with agreement.

"Now before we all retire for the night, I have a story to tell. It's a story about love, war, choices, and humor. This is the story of a group of young, strong, adults fought for peace. And it all starting with a girl falling in love with the hero."