More Than A Dad

We got home and I relaxed and started to just walk around to think. Me and Dawn actually were the farthest apart no matter how hard I tried she was to mean in her tone when she spoke to me. I don't know what I did maybe she wanted kids of her own. Maybe I just was to obnoxious for her. Maybe Adam is not spending time with her now that I am hear. Or maybe I just am not good enough. This is what gave me battle scars before, so did that cruel knife. I need to stop and talk to her, but I will have Jerome next to me to back me up. Me and him seemed the closest. He was so funny, but I never saw him. This is where personality really was the only thing that mattered. I will have to ask him how old he was, I never knew. I bumped into someone and lost my train of thought.

"Sorry." I was Jerome, I got my train of thought back

"No it was my fault, I should have been listening, I can think sitting down." I said with a smile.

"Hey Beth can you help me with something?" He asked

"Only if you answer my question."

"Go ahead"

"How old are you?" I asked

"18."

"Oh, well, I guess we are more friends than father daughter kind of thing, I also am 18, but I bet you knew."

"Yeah, I did." He responded "Anyway, to help me we need to go to the last room in the hall." I had learned how many rooms there were and how to use my hand to find them. 2 months really gave you time to learn where things were. I loved it here. Mostly because of Jerome, wait what brain? Did I just think that I love Jerome. Well I would be lieing to say no, so that is the feeling, every time he is around I get butterflies in my stomach and just can't stop smiling. I love Jerome. We arrived in the room and I sat down on the couch, this was my favorite room, the game room. It was always filled with a friendly but competitive tension.

"So umm Beth, I lied, I wanted to give you something actually." He said.

"Really? Thank you!" I said I felt pedals and leafs in my hands, flowers, but don't you give them to people you like?

"Flowers? Why?" I asked puzzled

"Well, hehe." He chuckled, I felt his hand gently grab mine. He liked me back? I couldn't believe it, or one of the boys set him up. But he seemed so nice. I slid my hand up his arm and onto his shoulder. I had a good idea of where his lips were but i was just making sure on one set him up to do this. He did not move back he was not set up. I moved in and let him close the gap. His lips slowly met mine, it was perfect, but hail Mary. Adam walked in and gasped, he ran over and pulled me back and away from Jerome. I realized what just happened and ran to my room. I hit the bed and cried. I held my stuffed dog Bolivar and just cried. My perfect moment ruined, and Jerome knew I liked him, but, he closed the gap. Maybe it was impulse. Without thinking I ran over to the nightstand and grabbed my suitcase. I dug around until I found it, my pocket knife. I held it to my wrist, ready to cut, but I relaxed. What was I about to do? I did what I did and now I have to own up to it. I put the knife back in the little pocket so the blade was unexposed. I walked out into the hall and I heard whispering. Great they all new. I walked out and turned to the coffee table and dropped the knife on it.

"Beth what is that?" Mitch asked while I rolled up my sleeves.

"The way I am over once and for all."

"You mean, did you just?" Jordan asked speechless.

"I used to, but I almost started again about 30 seconds ago, but I need you guys to keep it. I can not risk doing that ever again." I said simply as I sat down, then Dawn exploded.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN! ADAM NOW DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN, SHE IS WRONG IN THE HEAD! FIRST KISSING JEROME NOW SHE WAS ABOUT TO CUT HERSELF?! WE MANAGED TO ADOPT THE ONE GIRL IN THE WHOLE PLACE WHO WOULD DO THAT! SHE IS A CARELESS EMO BRAT!" Dawn said. I sobbed into my knees. I had gone as far as I could into the chair. She was right.... Wait no she is not...

"Oh, is that how you see me? I am just a brat? Well next time you think someone or something is going to be perfect, think about me. The emo careless brat you only pretended to love." I said. Water ran down my face and colors erupted in my eyes. I passed out. 

~Two Hours Later~

I woke up and my head really hurt. I saw Mitch doing something across the room. Wait SAW??? Did the thing I always wanted happen? Could I see again? Mitch noticed me and walked over to me. He looked at my face and jumped a foot in the air.

"Adam? Come here please!"

"Yeah Mitch?" He asked he stumbled into the room. I was looking all over my body. I held my tan hands up. I looked around and found a mirror. My eyes were no longer light blue but a breath taking emerald. Adam looked at my eyes to and jumped.

"Beth? Can you......" He trailed off.

"Yeah I can see. This is amazing!" I said and I slowly got out of the bed. I walked out into the living room and saw the rest of the gang even Dawn, but I was to happy to be mad. I skipped out and sat down.

"Whoa, why little miss sunshine?" Taylor asked.

"Look at my eyes, I can see again!" I said with a huge smile on my face. Jerome, at least I think Jerome bounced up looked at Dawn, she nodded. He ran over to me and kissed me again. This day was perfect.

~WOOOOO She can see again, long chappy to make up for the short ones, I will do it like this from now on. On that note, bye blood and happy hunting!~