4. Help.

Thursday 17th January 2017

Anna

"Darling are you okay?"

I frown at the floor, knowing my mother is wearing a fake look of concern. I feel her presence push closer, placing her hand on the still-horribly-uncomfortable plastic chair in which I am bound.

"Talk to me Anna. You've been awfully quiet these past few days." I roll my eyes. How dare she ask that of me. Honestly, I don't even think I could physically talk to anyone right now. The past few days have been extremely difficult. Despite stressing that he didn't want to hurt me, Ashton has really warmed up to the idea of physically abusing his wife to-be. My naturally fragile body is scattered in bruises and the worst part? That my mother has seen these and said nothing. She just leaves and pretends her only daughter isn't being beaten by what seems to be a mentally unstable man.

Calum is never around anymore. I think he saw the whole situation as too much and left. I can't blame him really. I've given up fantasizing about Luke coming to rescue me. I've given up asking for food. Why would I want to be given energy,when I can just pass out and finally be given the peace I want. I did this a few times before Ashton decided he didn't like keeping someone who is unconscious most of the time. He now forces me to eat little bits of his food so I can't fall asleep all day.

So I'm back to the well known game of 'staring at a fucking wall' for hours. I don't joke around anymore, I don't even speak. Nothing is worth narrating. Nothing is even worth thinking about. I know what is going to become of me so why should I speculate about what might-possibly-maybe happen? If I am going to break, I will do it inside myself without any physical evidence. I shall not give them the satisfaction of watching my downfall. To them I will be nothing more than an emotionless being. I will take away from both of them what they want, which is a person to call their own, and daughter and a wife. I may not be able to get out of this horrible situation, but that doesn't mean I'm just going to give them what they want. He couldn't beat that out of me however hard he tried.

"You're my daughter and I love you, talk to me." Once again my mother is met with nothing but silence.

"Okay I'll come back later. I'm going to get Ashton. Maybe you need some comfort from him, yes?"

Comfort? COMFORT? Ashton's presence sets me on edge, sending me into panic every time he gets close to me. Has comfortable been given a definition to mean the exact opposite now? In what part of a crime novel does a writer describe the hostage as feeling 'comfortable'. In what world, does your mother think she's giving you the best chance in life by kidnapping you and marrying you off to a troubled stranger?

While mentally screaming about her blatantly wrong comment, Ashton walks through the door my mother just exited from. He smiles a little to himself, pushing up his sleeves. Oh crap.

He pulls up his chair, a much more comfortable one than mine, may I add(note the correct use of the word comfortable), sitting in front of me. I avoid his eyes, staring at the rips in his jeans.

"Your mum tells me you're feeling a little quiet. It's a bit rude to not answer your mother Anna. You know this. Can you talk to me?"

Very little time passes, and he snaps. "Anna answer me!" He pauses, "I'm giving you one more chance to answer my question."

Silence.

"Right. You heard me. Get up now." His tone is extremely aggressive and I really don't want to look at him, but he just asked me to get up from a chair I am currently tied to. Is he stupid?

I look at him questioningly, to which he swears under his breath and pushes me, causing both the chair and my body to fall back onto the ground. I smack my head on the unforgiving concrete, a noise of pain escaping my mouth. He leans down to me, grabbing at my face momentarily before tugging at the ties around my wrists.

"I am going to show you what your future is going to look like." Ashton snarls.  I keep my eyes closed, terrified of what he is insinuating. After taking off the rope, he pulls me out of the laying down chair, only to throw me back onto the floor beside it. At this point I look up see him kneeling beside me. 

"Keep those eyes open love." He pulls at my cheek harshly, before straddling me. I whimper in fear. Ashton starts to pull at my t shirt, dragging it up towards my head. I start to cry quietly as he manages to take it off completely. He stares down at me. I start to sob more once his rough lips touch mine, his hands pinning my arms down stopping me from resisting. Tears stream down my face as his stubble drags across my soft skin. My cries get louder as he gets carried away, pulling at my jeans. He slaps me harshly shouting at me to shut up. This only makes me more hysterical. I swear I can hear muffled shouting. Then suddenly I realise whose voice the shouting belongs to. 

Breaking my vow of silence, I scream. "CALUM! IS THAT YOU?"

Ashton tenses, slamming a hand over my mouth. Before he can say anything I hear a reply.

"ANNA! HE'S NOT OKAY. GET OUT OF HERE!" 

I break out screaming and crying, trying my best to push Ashton off me, kicking helplessly as tries to focus on keeping me quiet. I scream for as long as I can, desperate to resist. I start to tire quickly, getting a little light-headed as Ashton is covering my mouth and nose with his hands. My vision starts to blur, but a sharp noise coming from the other side of the warehouse takes my attention. My eyes follow it, as do Ashton's to see a very beaten Calum Hood stood in the doorway. 

"Anna!" He screams, ready to run towards me. 

For last time I scream louder than I ever have before as Calum is hit over the back of the head with a metal pipe, falling to the floor in a heap. My heart begins to race faster and faster as I see who hit Calum. My mother.

Author's Notes

I know I know I know. Long time, no writing. I'm sorry! Truth be told I needed a big break from this story in order to get my head around what I want to write. Hope you guys haven't completely given up on this because flipping heck things just got even more dramatic! Stay tuned for more.

Much Love,

AnnaKaty