Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Forever Young (Sophie) - 2007

Okay so I joined so called 'Hogwarts/St Trinnians' in year 3, 2003, so I was about the age of 8. Since then my best friend has been Claire. A blonde, happy, bubbly and insanely pretty girl. In year 6, Jasmine joined. She was quiet at first which is understandable as our school is stereotypically full of nuns and lesbiens. But soon, Jaz turned into a crazy, fun, energetic freak! (in a good way ;D ). However when we all started high school in 2007, everything changed.

I was happy with our little group of three and I didn't want to change. But Claire had been insisting on us to talk to new people. She's really social, Claire is. As I've already said, I'm not the most confident and this was nerve racking! We started to talk to a girl called Grace as she just happened to be sitting the closet. We're so lazy :P . She seemed nice and sweet and I realised that this wasn't that bad. As long as I had Claire with me.

As there were soo many new people, they had to split the year inti 3 classes, 7L. 7S and 7H. Me, Claire and Grace were all in 7S but Jaz was in 7L. I felt really bad as she soon started to make new friends aswell. I didn't like this at all.

It was around about this time I'd started to properly realise that I would grow up and die. I'm pretty sure that nearly every teenage will experience this, but it just happened to be really early for me. Obviously I already knew that I would grow old and die but I hadn't realised that I couldn't be the past me again. I couldn't physically be the old me. I realised that I was going to change every day and there was nothing I could do about it. I wanted to stay the same. I wanted to be what I'd always had been. I wanted to be forever young. I didn't want to get older and have to deal with 'adult problems'. And this scared me a lot.

Me being me, I kept this to myself. It's not that I didn't want to tell, I did and I had, its just that there was no point. My parents work/run a corner shop that we live on top of. The income is great its just they have to work long hours and I feel really bad sometimes. You see, my school is a private school, therefore you have to pay a considerably large amount of money. And I have 3 other sisters that come here aswell. (all girls school btw) So times can get really tough and I do my best to stay positive. So I just accepted it and carried on.

That day, in year 7 we had our first drama lesson. I was kinda freaking out as I only knew a third of the new class and I was paranoid by the fact that they might have thought I was stupid. It didn't help but the fact that I'm Asian as well. I'm a Muslim but I don't wear a head-scarf. My other three sister aren't insecure about this matter though as they are quiet lighter in skin-tone then me. That's another thing, I put on the act that I honestly couldn't give a f*ck of how I look but seriously I'm so insecure when it comes to my weight and appearance. My elder sister is the white-est out of all of us. And because of that, she gets away with wearing quite a bit of make up. My other two sisters are younger than me so they don't really need it but..I dunno I kinda feel rude asking for make up. The last thing I want to do is make my parents think that I'm some sort of slut asking for it so I don't. I just have and old mascara from my cosin and I use the dark eyeshadow of a small make up pallet my aunt gave me and eyeliner. So I don't even know my foundation colour/number thingy. But the thing is, its soo much more harder being in a posh school full of skinny, beautiful white girls and for you, an Asian, to just try and fit in.

Anyway, our drama teacher, Mrs Tooksey, told ourselves to express ourself to the class using a word that started with the same letter as our name. For example, Jumpy Jess or Energetic Ellie. I just went for the first one that came to my mind. As we went around the class in a circle, about two girls away from me, a really pretty, short brown haired girl with amazing green eyes loudly said inbetween small giggles, "Super Sophie". Baring in mind, we were in year 7, where coping was completely looked down upon by teachers and students. So basically I paniced and before I knew it, it was my go and I just simply blurted out "Super Sierra" and braced myself for the glares of disapprovement from atleast 25 people. Well Done Sierra -.-

At the end of the first day, I went with my mum to the school uniform shop. There were quite a few people there, including Grace. Grace was really nice. She was sweet, funny and obviously extremely pretty. So far, I probably sound like a lesbian. I'm not. But still, everyone was soo pretty!! As my mum was trying to find my size in the nun skirt section, I was telling her about how embarrassing drama was and how I looked like the bad guy. My mum, paying no actual attention just nodded as I half ranted to her. I instantly stopped mid-sentence as I noticed a particular brown head with her mum looking at the colour drained blue blouses. Crap! She must have heard everything! Now I looked even worse!

It turned out Sophie had I'm fact heard everything but she'd just laugh it off. Phew! Sophie was confident, loud, hilarious and rebellious. I could just tell how intimidated teachers were by her mischievous smile and daring green eyes. I really want to be her close friend from then on. To be her partner in crime as we watched something explode or caused priceless reactions from the unexpected. She made me believe that, no matter how old I was, I could still always be forever young.

*********************

Sorry but all this background info is necessary I promise. And sorry its quiet short :S xThank you soo much for reading though! Means the world to me!! Xxx I won't be able to upload for a while because.of exams but please bare with!! xxxx

Anywhores,

Thank you soo much,

Love you loads,

Pretzelxx

@_brighterside Xxxx:D