Chapter 15 - Jacqueline

"SHADOW!" I screamed as my horse collapsed to the ground. I'd jumped off his back as he started to fall and now I kneeled down next to his head. I had tears in my eyes. First I had watched somebody I knew die and now my horse had collapsed to the ground and I didn't know if he was alright. I screamed his name again. Thunder and Nina raced over to us, as well as Lisa who had healing powers. "What happened?" Lisa asked looking at him. "He was hit in the head earlier then again just a minute ago. He suddenly collapsed after Ace disappeared" Lisa put her hand on his head and it glowed a little. I knew she must have healed his head. She then went and healed his leg where the arrow had hit him as well as where he'd been kicked in the side by another horse. Shadow was still unconscious but looked a lot better. I noticed Nina and Thunder didn't look injured which meant she must have already healed them. Lisa then went and healed my arm as well as where my leg had been hit when the horse kicked Shadow. I felt a lot better physically, but emotionally I still wasn't sure. Nina had gotten off of Thunder and we all walked over to where Anne was. Thunder actually had tears in his eyes, and the horses who had helped us even looked upset. A lot of them had been killed or injured as well but at least ten of the twenty were standing with only minor injuries. The soul riders all collapsed crying and I remember how well they all knew each other. My eyes started to water, and I looked away still embarrassed to cry in front of people even after this. I looked at Shadow to see him lift his head up and look around confused. I raced over to him and hugged his neck glad to see he was alright. He looked at me with sad eyes, he looked almost traumatized by this all. I remembered the last time he'd seen someone he knew die it had been his mother. At the thought I buried my face in his neck and actually cried. This was to much for both of us. But I knew we had to push onward, it was the only way anyone could be happy. I could tell he felt the same way because when I looked up he had a hard, determined look in his eyes. He stood up looking out into space aimlessly. Suddenly I heard a horse neigh and turned to see My and Sapphire racing off into the Everwind Fields. I glanced at the others to see everyone else still upset. I noticed Kate and Fox standing a few feet away from the others looking dazed and upset. I nudged Shadow and walked towards them. He followed me over. "You okay?" I asked Kate quietly. "I think so" she replied "I just don't know what to think of this, one minute we're on a happy trail ride in the afternoon sun and the next we all are fighting for our lives" "I don't know either" I admitted to her "but if we don't push on then who will?" We remained silent but I could tell she felt a little better. So we all stood there on the Everwind Fields mourning over a battle the world will never even know happened.