Chapter 12 - Kate

The only thing I knew about Ace was that he had attacked us and kidnapped Nina. He didn't exactly leave me with a good first impression. "Ummm what should we do!?" I said panicking a little. "Calm down Kate," My said "don't let him know your afraid" Oh dang. Was it that noticeable? "Ok" I said in what I hoped was a calmer voice " what do we do then?" "Well we can't win without Shadow and Thunder here, according to what Shadow told us legend says the three of you have to kill him" My replied. Lisa turned her horse around "Let's get out here" she said. We started to gallop the other way only to find a Dark Rider standing over there. I'd never been told any of their names only that they worked with Dark Core, so I have no idea which one it was. "Go towards her, she's weaker than Ace" Linda frantically said. Clearly this was a planned ambush but with no better plan we did what Linda said. As we race past the girl punched outward and knocked Alex right off of her horse. We all slid to a stop, not wanting to leave her behind. To my relief she got up and got back on ducking as the other girl's horse tried to kick her. We had stopped for to long though and Ace came racing over the hill with the same girl as last time riding him. "What happened to her horse?" I heard Anne whisper to herself. That's right, she wasn't here the last time they showed up. I didn't even know this girl had another horse. "Sabine and Ace again?" My whispered to Lisa as we slowly tried to back away from them. So that's her name... I thought to myself hoping they didn't see us trying to back away. Of course that had to go wrong too. Suddenly random guys in green hooded robes jumped out blocking any escape routes. "We're gonna have to fight!" Alex shouted. She then blasted some of them with some kind of magic. That broke up their formation, they all moved to attack us. Starshine kicked any that got near him, Linda and Meteor snuck up behind some who weren't paying attention and knocked them out, Concorde was kicking and biting at any that approached him and Anne, while Alex continued to blast magic. I had no clue what to do and panicked as one guy charged at me. Weirdly enough panicking worked, I blasted fire at him without intending to, but I was glad it happened. Fox got the idea and started blasting fire too but neither of us knew what we were doing and couldn't aim at all. I honestly think we only survived because of luck. Most were hit pretty hard by the fire in the arm or leg and fell over in pain. But suddenly one jumped out from behind and I burned him right in the face. He fell down and didn't move. Did I just kill him? I thought freaking out at the thought. I was quickly distracted by the fact that many more guys were attacking. We were severely outnumbered. I had the feeling it just seemed like more people then it was when they were all attacking us but couldn't be sure. I quickly got distracted again when the rider who had knocked Alex off her horse earlier came and tried to do the same to me. I ducked frantically and started to fight back, but this girl was a lot stronger then the random guys that worked for Dark Core. I was barely keeping up with what she was doing. I remembered what My had said about Shadow and Thunder needing to be here to kill Ace. I hope they come back soon I thought. I continued to fight hoping for something good to happen.