Chapter Five: Wolfy Has No Chill

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Kieran held my body unbelievably closer with strength that I couldn't match.

"That's enough," he said in my ear making my body slowly calm down. I never once stopped staring at the man, though. For some reason, my wolf hated him more than she'd ever hated anyone even though he'd only done something minor.

"Arden, come back," he said lowly in a demanding voice. I tried pushing through again. I could see my vision switch from a heightened state from a blurry one. It had never happened to me before. I never tried fighting her this hard. My body seemed to go numb as my vision returned to normal and the only thing holding me up was Kieran.

I had a massive headache and all that I could let my body do was lay limp in Kieran's arms. My head angled down toward the floor.

"Get him out of here," Kieran's low voice rang through the air in an order meant for Marilyn.

I could faintly hear them exit the room.

Kieran's one arm went under my legs as the other stayed behind me. He held me like I were baby which I ironically felt like in that moment.

He walked over to the table and sat down in the chair that I had sat in just moment before the man entered the room. He sat me on his lap like I were a child.

I felt like an idiot. What kind of werewolf can't even control themselves?

I sat up as his hand ran up and down my back. The sparks were everywhere and they all met in my chest creating a hot feeling.

I felt my body regain strength just by the small action.

We sat the for a while. I didn't look at him. I was still ashamed. No matter what I tried to do, I was never going to be able to be what they were.

"Why haven't you just killed me yet?" I asked as my eyes continued staring and the floor. His hand stopped what it had been doing on my back as he used his other hand to move my head so that I was looking at him.

His face seemed confused and angry.

"Stop that," he said. I tried looking away, but he wouldn't let me.

"I'm an embarrassment," I mumbled.

"No," he said looking at me with those beautiful green eyes, "you're a seventeen year old with then knowledge of a five year old. I would never expect you to know not to go against a beta when you're like this."

"A beta? That's like a second in line person, right?" I asked recalling our conversation from a few days ago. He nodded. "That man was a beta?"

"My beta," he corrected making me remember what Marilyn had called him the first day I came to the house.

"You're an alpha." It came out more of a statement than a question. That scared me. He was a leader and by that standard that would make me a leader too since we are mates now. Anyone could have figured that out.

His hand dropped from my face. I didn't look away, though. I gulped knowing he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"I promise I would never hurt you," he said sincerity flooding his voice, "everything I do is to protect you and this pack."

It was quiet. I didn't say anything after he had said what he had.

It was obvious he felt something for me, and I knew that I did too. Something about Kieran made me feel like an open book. I wanted him to just hold me and talk to me for hours on end.

But that wasn't normal or realistic.

I was kidnapped by these people, but it didn't feel like kidnap. It felt like I was supposed to be here. He was a monster, but so was I.

I was supposed to fear him, but somehow I felt more comfortable being with him that I had felt with anyone.

I guess that's why when he leaned in to kiss me I didn't really do anything about it.

Our lips met only for a brief moment, but it felt like years. Electricity flowed from my lips down to my heart where it settled into a powerful heat.

He pulled away. His green eyes still focused on my grey ones. His hand came up to caress my cheek and I did nothing but stare back at him.

"It's the mate bond, isn't it?" I asked him just above a whisper.

"What?" He breathed out as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's the mate bond that makes me feel like this is so normal," I said referring to everything that had happened. Everything from being so open with him to kissing him after only knowing him for three days. It all felt so normal almost like I should have kissed him the moment he walked into the room that I was in the first day I woke up.

"Yeah, it's how mates are. It's an immediate attraction, if you're lucky," he said the last part in a whisper making me raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked causing him to shake his head.

"Doesn't matter," he muttered, "you should eat," Kieran stated motioning toward the plate. I thought of how cold it must be by now. I didn't feel hungry, but I knew I would be in twenty minutes. I nodded as he began moving me off of his lap to stand up. I sat back down in the chair as he began to leave.

"Wait," I said quickly causing him to stop and look at me, "you can stay here and eat something. I can try making something if you don't want to. I doubt I'll know how to even turn the stove on, but I can try," I said sheepishly.

A foreign smile made its way to his face causing heat to rise in my cheeks.

"As promising as that sounds, why don't we all go into town today and grab something to eat. We can get clothes that actually fit you, too," he offered.

"As in all you mean?" I drug out.

"Marilyn and Bolton as well," he said. I suddenly remembered the name from a conversation that Marilyn and Kieran had earlier. Bolton must have been that man.

"Won't Bolton be mad at me?" Kieran shook his head.

"If he were mad at you, he would have killed you by now," he said as if it were nothing making the color flush from my face. "Don't worry, he won't hurt you either," I looked at him a little wearily as he held his hand out for me. He wanted me to take his hand, "promise." Hesitantly, I took his hand and stood up from my chair.

"Okay, I guess," I said before walking out of the kitchen with him.

Kieran must have trusted me enough to take me out of the house, now. It made me happy knowing that. Even though a part of me knew that this was wrong and I should run as soon as I get the chance, Kieran didn't really give me a reason to.

I just didn't know why Kieran trusted my wolf outside of the house, though.
_______
I'm trying to do quicker updates guys.

If you think the book is moving fast that's Bc it is. Most books I've ever read have the girl taking FOREVER to get close to the guy when the people in the background are super close to their mates in like a day.

I UNDERSTAND IT SEEMS LIKE ITS FAST. BUT I HAVE THIS BOOK ALL PLANNED OUT. IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY.

I already know what I plan on doing for the next chapter so expect an update soon.

Vote for this chapter and the others pleeeeaaaase guys. I know it's annoying and such but voting seriously helps.

Bolton (Brant Daugherty) is lookin BAE af

You guys are super fabulous.

Stay awesome Gotham.

ps does wearing someone's jersey mean you're dating