Always the Timid Party Girl

A/N: In Australia, a purse is another name for a wallet. So, when I say purse, that's what I mean. ;)

This is really just a filler chapter, but eh. :P

Happy reading! :)

•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•

Brooke

"No, no, no, no," I sighed, peeling through the clothes hanging up in my cupboard. "Jenn!" I cried, "I have nothing to wear!"

Jenn, who was busy admiring her new plait skirt in the tall mirror on my wall, laughed and flipped her hair dramatically. "Surely you have a nice dress SOMEWHERE, Brookie," she scoffed.

"No, I don't," I told her pointedly. "I have dresses for funerals, and for...for church! I have nothing suitable for a party!" I sighed again and flopped down onto the blue beanbag in the middle of the room. "Maybe I just shouldn't go."

This got Jenn's attention, and she quickly came hurrying over to me. She knelt beside the beanbag and looked down at my face. "Brookie! You can't just give up that easily!" She said frantically. "You've been talking about this party all afternoon!"

"Yeah, Jenn, but let's be honest. I've never been to a party before. I couldn't even go to Jimmy Parker's party in fourth grade, and that was at Mcdonalds!"

"But those parties were different," she whined, trying to pull me up by my hands. "You could have still gone to them if you wanted to, but you were never brave enough. But this one!" She grinned and stood up. "You're finally breaking the rules a little, Brookie! Don't fight it, embrace it!"

I sat up on the beanbag and looked at her. "You really think I should go?"

"Of course!" She exclaimed. She grabbed my hands and tried to pull me up again. This time, I let her. "You're sixteen, for crying out loud! Loosen up! Have some fun!"

I considered my options for a minute. If I didn't go, it would mean I would have no chance of getting in trouble, and I wouldn't have to worry about finding a dress. But if I DID go...it could easily be the best night of my life.

"Alright, I'll go," I smiled. "Except...I still don't have anything to wear..."

Jenn sighed and looked me up and down. "Okay, I MIGHT be able to help you with that part. Do you have any material scissors?"

It took me a second longer than it should have to realise what she was planning to do. "Oh, no," I said quickly, holding up my hands defensively. "I can't. My mum will kill me."

"Not if she doesn't find out," Jenn said with a wink. She walked over to my desk and started to search through the piles of books and paperwork for the scissors.

"I can't just do that behind her back," I said, shaking my head. "I can't be that secretive."

Jenn found the scissors behind my computer screen and pulled them out triumphantly. Still holding them up in the air, she spun around and looked at me confusedly. "Let me get this straight," she began, planting her free hand on her hip. "You're afraid of...ALTERING a couple of your dresses, but you're not afraid of going to a wild house party?"

"I never said I wasn't afraid of the party," I clarified.

"Yes, but you're still going to go," she pointed out. "Look, it won't even be that harmful. Trust me!" She sauntered over to my cupboard and ran her fingers across the hanging dresses. "Just a couple of little cuts," she said, too happily. Her tone reminded me of a crazy scientist, preparing for a big experiment.