Chapter 18: Daddy's daughter

Emma banged on her parents room so fast she could barely see her hand knocking. She had been so urgent to tell Skulduggery and Valkyrie that she hadn't even had breakfast. Eventually after all the banging Skulduggery opened the door looking tired and worn out "Emma?" he yawned "I have some information about Charlie!" she was really proud of herself and nobody seemed to understand that since Skulduggery just glanced behind him to see the time "Emma...its five thirty. Cant this wait?"

"Could you have waited to put another baby in mom?" he hesitated "Yeah, that's what I thought!"

"Come in!" Emma bounded into the room and saw clothes scattered on the floor "You guys really went at it last night, didn't you?" Skulduggery blushed and started to pick up the clothes "So, you have some information?"

"I do!"

"Please tell oh great and magical one."

"Well uncle Ghastly told me about your pack and how you were a leader!" Skulduggery looked up from cleaning and stared at his daughter intrigued "Go on." he encouraged "Well, when you left the pack you didn't assign a new leader and the only the blood of the last leader can take over the pack!"

"Yes..."

"Oh come on dad I thought you were supposed to be a great detective!" he shrugged "Its my day of."

"This is so obvious, oh my god."

"..."

"Oh for goodness sake! Charlie wants to take over the pack!" he stared for a moment "...I feel stupid now."

"As you should!"

"But why does he want to kill you?"

"Because, he needs to do a ritual to become a child of the moon! He needs a scale from a black dragon, the horn from a unicorn-"

"Dragon? Unicorn? I thought they were myths."

"Well you were myth-taken! Now shh, while I'm being amazing! As I was saying, you also need the teenage blood of a child of the moon."

"So that's why he wants to kill you? He wants you blood?"

"Yes!" Skulduggery grinned "You are very smart!"

"Well duh! I have an eidetic memory!"

"You do?"

"Yup!"

"...Huh... figures! Now come on my dear daughter! We have some investigating to do!" he said and just as they were about to walk out the room he threw a conveniently placed evil-looking, rubber duck at Valkyrie who was still sleeping "SO SEXY!" she yelled as she woke up and Skulduggery grinned "She was totally dreaming about me." he said smugly and Emma rolled her eyes "Sure dad."