Chapter 14: She is you!

"Hello." Alvie whispered and Skulduggery and Valkyrie looked shocked "Hello, whats your name?" Skulduggery asked and leant forward a bit "Alvie...Alvie Ivaylo."

"That's very pretty."

"Thank you, its means wolf."

"I can guess why!"

"I heard you talking about a girl called Emma Pleasant and I don't know why but I have visions and dreams about her as a baby getting taken away from Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Pleasant."

"That's us." Valkyrie whispered and Alvie's eyes grew wide "Really?"

"Really! What is your given name?" Alvie was hesitant "I don't think I should tell you that."

"We promise we wont tell anybody!"

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

"Ok, my given name is Amery Connell."

"Amery Connell?" Skulduggery breathed and Alvie nodded "Yes."

"Is your carer Charlie Connell?" he asked hopefully

"Yes, yes he is." the two gasped and Valkyrie began to tear up "Emma?" she whispered "Why do you keep saying Emma?"

"Because that's your name. Emma Rose Pleasant! We are your parents." Alvie looked at the both disbelievingly "No...my father is Charlie."

"No! Your visions! There true, you were taken away from us when you were a baby by Charlie! We don't know why though."

"I do. I heard him on the phone this morning he said he was going to kill me."

"What? Why?"

"Because he wants my blood to become a child of the moon again. That's why I was running."

"Oh Emma."

"How do I know your not lying?"

"Do we look like were the type of people who would lie?"

"Well he does." Alvie said and pointed at Skulduggery and he looked innocent "Me?"

"Yes! Your face is not natural at all! Its waxy and by the looks of things you put it on to kiss her since your top button is undone which implies it is a façade and I can see her lipstick on your lips...as well as your neck. I don't really want to know where else it is." Alvie finished and Valkyrie looked in shock "She is definitely your daughter." she said and Skulduggery just nodded and reached under his collar "Do you want to see the real me?" he asked and Alvie just nodded. He tapped the symbols and his face flowed away to show his gleaming white skull "Cool!" Alvie said "You...you don't find this weird?"

"Nope!"

"Oh. You have a bit of mud on your face." he muttered and his skeletal hand reached out and wiped the mud of her face but as soon as his bone made contact with her skin her memories all came back to her! She remembered looking into the two loving faces of Valkyrie and Skulduggery, probably seconds after she had been born and she remembered watching Charlie as she was ripped from Valkyries arms while she as crying. She remembered everything! Charlie took her as a baby and raised her as his own so he could kill her. When her visions stopped she looked into her parents eyes "Mom? Dad?" she said softly and they both nodded before Emma threw herself into her parents arms as they were all sobbing.

Valkyrie and Skulduggery finally got a chance to embrace their daughter once again. Just like they dreamed to do the second after she was taken.

They were a family again.