Chapter six: Revenge is not so sweet

Depuis le début

Daughter of death people, not unexpected!

Adam lunges at me.

I sigh.

"They always choose the hard way" I mutter. I swing my scythe at him, grazing his left cheek.

Damn I missed.

I let go of Ally's hand and snap my fingers once more. Leo appears by my side.

"You called?" He says, leaning on the wall.
I point towards Adam who was healing his small graze. Leo chuckles. He cracks his knuckles and steps towards Adam. I cover Ally's eyes so she couldn't see anything. Leo punches Adam so hard, he goes crashing into the wall. I smile at the outcome.

"Leo keep him busy" I beam. Leo nods as he carries on with his street brawl with Adam.

My black wings emerge from my back and I grab Ally, soaring through the sky.
"Keep an eye out for a blonde haired boy like the one in your dream" I say, scouring the streets.
Ally looks until I feel a pull from my chest leading to the right. I swoop around the trees and Ally screams.

"There!" Ally cries. I look down and see Luke laying on the floor. Perfect he was defensless.

I land softly on the ground, letting go of Ally.

"Don't get in my way this time" I say seriously.

"Don't you want me to do anything?" She meekly asks, intimidated by my stance. I shake my head.

"All I want you to do is watch as I take his soul. This is your punishment" I state, walking towards him.

"Raven you can't, he's innocent. Remember innocent till proven guilty" she cries.

"And he's been proven guilty" I sneer, aiming my scythe high above his body.

Looks like I win Luke.

As I bring my scythe down, Ally screams.

"stop!" She yells. I freeze in the middle of swinging my scythe.

Whats going on? What is she doing??

"Ally release me!" I bellow.

"If only you knew what it was like to be human" she sobs.

"I'll never know, I don't have emotions" I snap at her.

"I wish you learned to love someone" she says looking at me with tearful eyes. She brings her small hands to my shoulders and after those words, I could feel my body changing.

My scythe disappears. My clothes begin to change into black jeans and a red top with matching shoes. I look at my reflection in a nearby window. My hair now has a red streak at the front and my skin has become more peachy. The worst part of all was I could feel a thud in my chest.

Was my heart, beating? No this can't be, I'm death I don't have a heartbeat!

I try to use my powers but nothing works. Luke must have watched everything because he was also shocked.

"What have you done!" I scream at Ally. She begins to slowly back away.
"You turned me into a mortal! How dare you!" I scream again.

"Listen Raven, calm down it was an accident" Ally says, backing into the wall. I was about to lunge at her when two strong hands grabbed onto my shoulders, I look back and see Luke holding me.

"Let me go" I scream.

"Or what? You gonna take my soul?" He snickers.

I hear Ally call for Adam and he appears beside her.

She buries her face in his chest as he lifts her off the ground.

He looks at me strangely then begins laughing.

"You turned mortal!" He beams.

I would have slapped him silly if it wasn't for Luke holding me tightly.

"Looks like I win" Adam says, disappearing with Ally.

Luke let go of me and soon I saw Leo. He was glaring at Luke.

"What did you do to Rave!" He bellows, lifting him off the floor by his shirt.

"Listen buddy, this wasn't me it was that vampire chick"

Leo let go of him. He gasps and then says "Ally!"

I nod.

"But you can't go to the underworld, you're not a Demi God anymore" Leo says.

I know I couldn't do anything.

I felt tears trickling down my cheeks. Was I crying? I've never cried in all my existence! Luke wipes my tears away.

"She can stay with me until you find a way to change her back" Luke says, glaring at Leo. I knew he didn't like this idea but he didn't have a choice, I could die on the streets of New York. Leo nods.

"I'll fix this Rave, I promise" and then he disappeared. The tears seem to flow more frequently now. I had never felt so vulnerable in all my time I've existed. Luke placed an arm over my shoulders.

"Never thought I'd be helping the girl trying to kill me" he says smiling.

"I'm sorry, it's just my duty" I said, sighing. He nods in understanding.

"I know now let's go get you warmed up, you're freezing"
I can't believe I need to survive now. I need to eat more and I need to stay warm. I want to be a reaper as soon as possible. Hurry Leo.