Chapter seven: From death to mortal

Note- the picture is Leo
Luke took me to his apartment that night. He offered me the bed but I was happy sleeping on the sofa. I didn't want him to see me cry.

That night I cried myself to sleep, I never knew what it felt like to have real emotions. I knew what anger felt like but to be able to cry came as a shock to me. I used to be sinister and lead others to the underworld, but being a mortal..it made me feel so vulnerable...I felt defenceless.

It was the morning and I was wrapped up in a small red blanket. Luke came in and sat next to me.
"You don't like it, do you?" He says to me.

"I can cry...my chest feels heavy and worst of all....I can die now" I say, devastated.
Luke pats my back, trying to reassure me.
"Luke what if I never can go home again?" I dread the thought not being able to be a reaper. I love it.
Luke begins to chuckle.
"What's so funny?" I ask.

"I once thought that when I came face to face with you. That's why I told Jamie I may never see him again. Look at me now, alive and helping the girl trying to kill me! I must be mad"

"I told you, it's just my duty" I say, looking away.

"Yeah yeah, I'll tell you one thing I learned being trapped in two dimensions. You must be some powerful reaper to cast a love spell on me" he says, looking at me in awe.

Love spell? Reapers don't do love spells. The only love spell a reaper could do was make a man fall for their gorgeous looks. I didn't cast a love spell on him.
"Luke, reapers cannot love..that means they can't cast a love spell" I say, turning to face him. He looks at me strangely.

"I'm not falling for you, I can't be..."

"It's normal, every boy is like this around me" I say, shrugging it off.

"No you don't understand, I don't love anyone!"

"What do you mean?" I ask. He opens his mouth to answer when there was a knock on the door. Luke gets up to go answer. Just as he twists the door handle, the door comes smacking into his head. He steps back, shocked as Leo walks in holding Jamie by his shirt.

"Dude, I have a fricken head you know" Luke screams.

"Yeah yeah yeah" Leo says, throwing Jamie to the ground.

"Always know how to make an entrance  Leo" I mutter.

"Listen, your old man ain't happy Rave"

"And what you want me to do? I can't exactly go talk to him"

"Rave this is serious, he wants to know why you're like this"

"And? You're not going to tell him"

"No but...he's coming here"

"What!" Luke screams. He grabs Jamie and runs into the other room.
"Tell me when he's gone" he says as he slams the door.

"What do you mean he's coming here?" I ask.

"RAVEN ROUGE REAPER!" I hear the familiar voice of my father boom.
Oh great...here's the king of the underworld. At least I feel a little better now. My father smashes into the room with his silver scythe in hand. Still he said my middle name...not good.
"How are you mortal?!" He bellows.

"How? How? Ask the bloody girl from the prophecy!" I shout, turning away from him.

"What are you saying" he asks, raising an eyebrow at me. He wasn't in his true form, probably due to actually leaving the underworld.

"She's the one who's done this! She turned me mortal!" I scream. My father just nods and swings his scythe in the air. He always does this, comes to me for a second, screams then leaves...honestly you wouldn't think he's the God of death.

"Coward" I mutter, slumping back into the sofa. Leo walks to the door where Luke and Jamie were and slowly opened it. The two of them collapsed on the floor.
"We're you eavesdropping?" I ask in disbelief.

"What...noo" Jamie says, slowly backing away. Leo places a hand on his shoulder. He stops moving immediately.

Luke begins to growl at him
"get your filthy demon hands off him"

"Nah I'm good. I needed an arm rest" and just like that he began to lean on Jamie.
I sat back down. My father is going to kill Ally. I know he is.
Luke sat next to me and wiped a falling tear from my eye, great I'm crying. Why should I care? She's the one who got me into this mess. Stupid prophecy. Stupid prophecy powers. You try to help a girl and get turned into a mortal, all your powers robbed from you. Well I don't care about that stupid blonde, she can die for all I care...but then why was I crying just thinking about her death? I never cry at someone's death. I normally smile. What has this girl done to me.

"Raven what's wrong?" Luke asks me.

She's a witch I tell you, she did this with her stupid half breed powers. Half breeds are dangerous, I should of realised that. Then again...she hadn't learned how to use her powers, how did she strip me of mine? The vampire...he turned her, is it possible he corrupted her?

"Rave?" Leo says.

Of course it would be the vampire. That's the only solution, it had to be! Her angel half awakened once the venom touched her blood. When she drank his blood, her body began to change. Not only from a vampire point of view but also an angels. I will have to contact Gabe, see what he thinks of the situation. I will also have to find Ally... Oh but how will I do that? I'm all the way in New York and she is in the middle of London. I don't have any money for a plane ticket and neither does Luke...I don't really want help from Leo either...

"Reaper?" Jamie says.

I need Gabe, perhaps he can take me to see her...oh but how will I contact Gabe? If I ask Leo for help he will just ask for a kiss.... Why did I have to turn mortal! Wait...could I contact my father? No, then he'd kill Ally...wait oh lord Ally!!

"Raven!!" Luke shakes me out of my thoughts. I stare into his eyes coming back to reality.

"Whats wrong?" Leo says in anticipation.
I took a long breathe and firmly said.

"Ally is in danger"

Death's Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें