Story 58--Loose Memory Stitches

Comenzar desde el principio

Who were these people?

You shook your head and looked at the time. 18:30--time to close up shop.

You quickly gathered your things and exited the office, locking the door as you did, trying to compose yourself. But these faces couldn't stop haunting you, no matter how many dresses you looked at to determine which ones would make the cut for the fashion show. To make it back in the hometown that you barely remember...how could that even be possible? And as for the faces that kept floating in your mind...would you even get to see them?

Would they even remember you?

***************

"Whoo, Honey Lemon, looking good in (Y/N)'s newest trend I see!" Fred hooted as Honey Lemon strutted out of the bathroom and struck out a pose, just like a typical fashion model.

Honey Lemon beamed. "Thanks, Fred!"

Wasabi nodded as he leaned back on the sofa, looking up at the ceiling of Fred's mansion. "Remind me, why are we talking about (Y/N)'s fashion designs?"

"Haven't you heard?" Hiro suddenly bolted upright and did a dance. "There's a fashion show coming up here? Her company is one of the biggest competitors!" He grinned and glanced at his brother. "Not to mention, she is Tadashi's fruit of the soul."

"What the heck, Hiro?!" Tadashi was stunned at Hiro's sudden poetic words. "No, no she isn't!"

"Aw, Tadashi," Gogo gushed. "Greatly regretting the fact that you never admitted you liked her?"

"Uh..." Tadashi turned red. Gogo was right. Just before college was over, he started developing a serious crush for you, but you were so enveloped in going to Paris to continue pursuing your goal as a fashion designer that he never got a word in, and every time he tried he ended up being completely tongue-tied.

"I can't believe you'd still be fallen hard for her," Fred finally admitted.

Honey Lemon nodded. "I know. There are other girls out there, Tadashi. You'll find someone."

"No." Tadashi shook his head. "It's (Y/N). I only want her, I know that."

"Tadashi," Hiro said in mock disapproval. "Who knows what could have happened after college? She could have had another guy, she could have even gotten married and never invited us! She's on the other side of the world, if you haven't remembered!"

The words rang in Tadashi's ears like a curse. Could have gotten married...other side of the world...

"You're right," Tadashi agreed, hanging his head in despair. "She could have."

"Why don't you clear things up when she gets here?" Honey Lemon asked. "I mean, it won't hurt to drop by, visit her, catch up with her during the fashion show. I'm sure she'll still remember you!"

Tadashi nodded dejectedly. "I...I hope so."

"That's the spirit," Wasabi chuckled. "So...where is the fashion show taking place?"

"San Fransokyo Premium Banquet Hall," Hiro reported.

"I can see there would be a lot of people there," Gogo remarked. "I mean, isn't it just the big names there, not the general public?"

"Oh the fashion show is public," Honey Lemon assured them. "But the rest of it isn't--like the grading of the dresses and everything."

"How do you know?" Gogo asked her.

"Relax, Gogo!" Honey Lemon chuckled. "I've been to a few fashion shows in my day."

"So what do you say we owe (Y/N) a visit when she gets here?" Tadashi finally suggested.