Chapter 2- Quality Time with the Quintuplets...

Start from the beginning

I got up from my seat and pretended to walk nervously towards the ball holder. I picked up my fluoro pink ball and walked towards the line. With a flick of my wrist the ball was flying down the middle and I got a strike. Jumping up I said “Look I knocked them all down!” the boys rolled their eyes and I pretended to be happy. We were almost finished our game and I had gotten strike after strike. The boys seemed to look at me from the corner of their eyes with knowing smirks on their faces. It was my last go; I got my ball and bowled it towards the pins, strike! I got another strike and it made my score 300. The boys were all looking at me funnily.

“I used to practically live at the bowling alley I worked at; if I wasn’t working I was bowling.” I confessed with a sheepish smile. “Tricked ya!” I shouted as I went to go collect the results from the front desk.

“Wow, that Do was something. Tell him to sign up for the team.” The old man behind the counter said as he looked at the results sheet.

“No I don’t think I will. As you already told HER” I said and he looked at me with confusion. “I used to work at a bowling alley, I know how to get 300.” I explained and we left.

“I didn’t know you were that good” Leo said as he flung his arm over my shoulder and we walked down the street to the mall for some food as we were in the bowling alley for most of the day.

“That’s the point! I’m just full of surprises” I said in a sweet tone and they all looked at me weirdly before we laughed. The mall was pretty big but nowhere near the size of the one back home. There was an ice cream place and we got some. I got the mint madness with wicked choc and sprinkles on a Sunday. Leo got the same without sprinkles and Art got strawberry while Mikey got just chocolate. Although they were twins they were completely different.

We walked aimlessly around the mall for an hour or so and as we walked the boys got flirtatious winks and waves and I wanted to gag. We sat down by the lake that was out the back of the mall and ate our ice-cream. Girls would stop by and glare at me while talking to Art, Leo or Mikey. I finial got enough of the daggers I was getting sent I voiced my opinion with the last girl.

“Look if you have a problem with me, say something about it not try to stare me down.” I said.

“Well maybe if you went acting like a slut then you could see no one like you.” She said as sneer, I just smiled at her.

“Leo can we go home?” I ask in a small voice trying to act like a pouty child. “I don’t feel so good.”

“Sure, come on guys.” We left and the fake blonde that was hanging on Mikey’s every word was just staring at me with wide eyes and her mouth open. I ran back and shut her mouth before I whispered. “Family over sluts!” in her ear. She dropped her mouth once again and I just walked away.

“Leo… Can I have a piggy back rise?” I asked in a childish voice.

 “Get on…” he sighed and I laughed at his expression. I snuggled into his back before whispering “I’m glad I finally have you guys.”

The trip home was longer than the trip up, I got bored and started playing with the radio, Coldplay- Every teardrop is a waterfall, came on and I started to rock from side to side as the boys looked at me weirdly.

Turn the music up

I got my records on,

I hadn’t noticed till the music stopped that we were home. Leo laughed at me as I got out with a pout as my music stopped. Dad was inside the door to the garage and he told me he got pizza. I ran to the kitchen before the boys and got a large hawiin to myself. I was sitting at the table eating it when they came in and laughed at me. Nik tried to get a piece of my pizza and I smacked his hand.

“You ask first.” I said hiding my mouth so I don’t show them the mushed up pizza.

“Can I have a piece?” he asked. I just shook my head.

“Nope” I said popping the ‘p.’ the guys laughed at me and I just sat there and ate the whole pizza besides the ends. Leo took them off my plate and ate them and I just smiled. It’s cool having a twin.

I went to bed early tired form all the walking I did today. Leo and I were talking in my room for hours about just about anything, from my school to mum. Around 12 we went to sleep with my feet shoved in Leo’s face and his feet shoved under one of my pillows.

***

We woke up the next morning in the same position. I laughed quietly, before walking into Leo’s room and got a green day shirt from his closet and walked back into my room. I found some black skinny jeans in the back of the room and pulled them out. I took a shower before I went downstairs and made some French toast and left it on the table for the guys to eat. Making my way towards the Library with toast in hand I open the door to complete silence. Bliss like I had never known.

I walked through the collection of books and stopped when I got to the end. There were too many books to choose from so I grabbed a book at random, it was Moby Dick. I had read this bored but I liked this book so I wanted to read it again.

I had gotten along way through the book when Art walked in; he had a smile across his face when he saw me.

“Hey Art.” I said as I closed the book.

“Hi Do. What are you reading?”

“Moby Dick”

“I haven’t gotten around to reading that one yet. Is it good so far?”

“I had already read it, seems pretty good to me.” I said in a laugh as I put the book back. Art and I talked about books and classes and everything. It seems I got a little bit extra of everything, a large bit of Leo, a bit of Art and I hope a lot of Mikey.

I had always like pulling pranks on my friends before and if so we would get along finely.

“I’m going to go see what Mikey is up to.” I said as I got off the warm chair near a window in the library. “See you later”

“Yeah bye” he said already engrossed in his book. I walked around for a while before I came to the kitchen. Mikey had his head in the fridge and his bottom sticking out. He didn’t see me so I grabbed a tea towel from the sink and whipped him with it. He hit his head on the top of the fridge and I couldn’t help but laugh at his idiocy.

“Hey, what was that for?” he asked as I had tears running down my cheeks. Whatever he had been waiting was now smeared down his shirt and he looked quite funny.

“Got Ya!” I shouted as I ran out the room and out the back. I ran around the house before entering the front door and running to my room. Mikey was chasing me and he got me just before I could get in my room. His hands grabbed me by the waste as he pulled me downstairs and into the pool room. I clung to him while he tried to push me in without going in as well. I took a breath as I pulled him in with me, we ended up swimming in our clothes for a while talking.

It was about 5 when we got out, I ran to my room showered and got in my warm winter pj’s. Walking downstairs I got out some stake from the fridge and cooked it, the boys walked it and I told them I was only cooking it till it was rare. If they wanted it more than they do it themselves. I made salad to go along with the meat and we sat and sat. Jake and I got into a conversation about school tomorrow and I was dredging to go. Dad said he would let us go and Leo could figure it out for me. I was happy when we all went into the lounge room and watched a movie.

I fell asleep halfway through it and I remember getting dragged to bed by someone before a kiss to the forehead. “Sleep tight” I was out like a light when my head hit the pillow.