Back To Reality

Daneisha advances towards me and grabs a fistful of my hair. "Where the fck you been? We needed yo ass...to-who the fck clothes you got on?"

I look back to see that Jace had left by then. Thank God or it would have been hell for Daneisha and later me.

She finally released my hair and continued to snap, "Oh so yo shemalin ass feelin girly and shit? Bitch you still ugly ass hell, witcha fake ass horse hair."

I walk past her. "Okay."

She shoves into me and sauntered past me. If I didn't just have a great ass weekend and Jace now at my side, it's not official or anything, I would be so pissed but bitch I'm so unbothered. And she's still bitter. So who really wins?

When I get inside this stupid bitch and fussing and complaining about me. Damn give me a break.

"See look there she go. Wearing brand new clothes and shit. And that bitch even had that nigga Dink drivin her broke ass home, she a gotdamn hoe!" Daneisha yelled to Shelly and Dranko.

Dranko choked, "Who?"

She rolled her neck, "Yeah that's right that nigga Dink."

Trishika came walking in from the kitchen in red booty shorts and a black bra. She's still here. When she came walking my way, my body tensed. Oh no.

But instead of hitting and cursing me out, she pulled me into a hug. "Girl you look so damn good. How was your weekend?"

I was taken back. I ain't know what to say. I just nodded.

"Right but ain't you gone bust that ass for all this shit?" Daneisha snapped.

Trishika looked away from me to Daneisha, "Damn bitch can she have her life back now? Yo ass more jealous than Nick Jonas. Chill baby girl, aight? Let her live."

Daneisha got in Trishika's face, "And bitch get out of my business. Take yo thottin nasty ass to the back so Dranko and momma can use yo gold diggin ass. Everybody on this damn block know you using the fck out of them cause of the damn money."

Alicia stood up this time, "Aight, aight, chill chill. We gone settle this the right way...no hair pulling." As if it were supposed to be funny, she burst into laughter, but only she did.

I watched as Daneisha and Trishika looked each other up and down, until Trishika looked away first. She took a step back. "Is that what yall think? I'm a gold diggin hoe? If yall do, I'm out."

This time Dranko stood up and stood between the two, "Ain't nobody sayin' that."

Shelly said from the side, "Just let the damn girl talk for herself. Was you wit Dink and who the fck gave you the clothes?"

Everyone's eyes landed on me. I felt like the world had stopped. Just when I was living in paradise, I come back to hell. Of course their asses were going to ruin it for me, when have they not?

"Uh...the girl I stayed the weekend with gave me her last year clothes...I can give them back if you want...and Dink dropped me off from the bus stop," feeling a little too good about l said this to rub it in Daneisha face, "he was talkin about Daneisha most the time."

She knew damn well he didn't want her ass. When I first moved here, Mercedes and Daneisha tried their hardest to get Jace to look their way. He wouldn't. He clowned them, along with Rah Rah. They were trash to him-still is. So why am I not?

"See, there it's settled. Damn get that tampon outcha' ass or get some dck. The nigga was talkin' bout yo jealous ass," Trishika snapped.

Daneisha frown deepened, "Bitch fck you! Say one more gotd-"

Dranko smacked Daneisha in the face. "You watch yo stupid, reckless ass mouth. We got this ova here, this grown folks business. You be happy we still takin care of yo overgrown ass. Now the damn girl said the fckin nigga was feelin' yo ungrateful ass."

Shelly added, "Damn right. Trishika ignore that bitter bitch. And keep the clothes, you needed them anyways. Now is it settled?"

Daneisha's frown stayed, as she held the side of her face. "Fck all y'all then." She shoved past Trishika and stormed out the house, slammin' the door behind her. Alicia followed behind.

And just like that everything went back to normal. Trishika sat on the ragged couch in between Shelly and Dranko, while I put my things up. Couldn't say I was mad about what happened to Daneisha, I was actually happy. I wanted Dranko to snatch her stupid ass up. She got what she deserved.

Maybe havin' Trishika around benefits me in the long run. Maybe Dranko won't think about selling me to the streets.

At night, I had made everyone dinner and was cleaning up when Trishika walked past me to the backyard. She was almost out the door when she looked over her shoulder. "Come have a smoke with me."

"But I got dishes," I said.

"Do em' when you get back in. Or I'll make that bitch Daneisha do them." Trishika giggled.

But Daniesha didn't come back. When Alicia did, she let everyone know Daneisha was at some dude's house down the street. Wasn't a surprise, she was always thottin and boppin for some dude.

I put the dirty dish in the water and followed Trishika into the backyard. Wasn't much in our backyard besides old ass stuff and grass barely lifting off the ground. Our neighbors was outside smoking and joking around on one another.

Trishika rolled a joint and lit it. She took a quick puff before taking a seat on the sidewalk. "Want some?"

I liked my lips cause I did. I took it from her and smoked it a bit, taking a long drag only to cough it up. Trishika laughed. "Damn newbie chill."

I laughed, "Sorry," and handed the joint back to her.

She smirked, "It's coo baby girl."

For a while we just sat there. Then she looked at me, mostly my hair. "A beautiful ass girl like you can make it in this world. Girls like me had to work where I'm at, and that's not shit. Don't settle for this shit they put yo ass through, you can be more than any of this slum shit. Butchu gotta want it and work for it baby girl. I sold my soul to these streets a long time ago. Either you gone do three of these options: Sell yo soul, get the fck out of here or die like the rest of these niggas in here. I'm tryna get mine while I can."

I nodded as she kept on. She was speaking real shit and it was refreshing having someone like her compliment me, especially female.

Before we went back in she stopped me, "Don't trust nobody in these streets. They fa self not you. Be for self and you gone make it, aight?"

I nodded. Trust no one. Which I should know, especially with all I been through. I should know more than anyone.

"Now let's get in this damn house and pretend like we give a shit about any of these fckin' people in here." Trishika said before walking in.

I looked back to the still night and nodded. I'm going to get mine too, but I ain't sellin my soul for it. I ain't trustin nobody either, Jace included. Maybe I need to be for self. And I walked in.