Anytime

Chapter One:

"Maia!" A rough shake of my arm, caused me to shove the hand and shoot my head up from the desk.

In front of me was my classmates and teacher Mr. Dawson. He was always giving me a hard time for sleeping in class.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

He shook his head, "Just like you were yesterday, right? Stay after class." And just like that his ass was back at the front of class teacher.

If only he knew what I had to go through at home, he'd sympathize. Or would he? Would anyone? Have they ever?

No, they see some light skin girl with thin straight blond hair and dark green eyes, and automatically assume her life should be so perfect or she should have the world given to her.

It's bullshit. All of it. Being biracial is a damn curse. I hate it. Always have.

When the bell rang, my classmate Kira shot me a sympathetic glance before hurrying out. She and two other people were the only ones that I ever actually chatted with and liked.

After everyone was gone, I went to the desk, where Mr. Dawson sat. He just sat there still grading papers-or pretending to. What a joke.

"Yes, Mr. Dawson," I huffed.

He slowly placed the pen on his desk and focused his attention on me, "You're always sleeping in my class. Are you not getting sleep at home? What's going on with you? You've never been my best student but lately you're turning into the worse." Ouch.

Offended, I took a step back, "Are you done? Is that all?"

"If that were all I would have dismissed you Maia. Do I need to make a call home?" He gritted.

"No!" I rushed. His expression changed into a smirk. "I've been babysitting lately for extra cash, I'll just tell the woman I can't do it anymore." I lied.

I wish that was keeping me up at night. But unfortunately it wasn't.

"Good. I expect a one page essay on why sleeping in class is prohibited. Typed...will that be a problem?" His expression held humor.

He's one of those people that deemed me as a failed life. He wasn't wrong, I just didn't like when people automatically assumed things. Especially about me.

It's not my fault.

"Understood, sir." I nodded. Even though I knew I was going to go through hell to type that paper. He gave that to me on purpose.

After he dismissed me I sulked the rest of the school day. There had to be something better in life than this. It had to be.

On my walk to my aunt's house, I kept thinking about this paper and how I was going to type it. My aunt had a computer but it took things-things I wasn't willing to do to use it.

"Aye, Rah Rah you catchin a ride famo?" A black Nissan was in the middle of the street.

I peeked and saw four men in the car. I've seen them all before, especially the driver. He use to live in my neighborhood before moving away last month. He then dropped out of school a week later. The streets claimed yet another nigga. I am determined to not turn out that way. I just won't.

"Yeah fam right after I get finished laying up with Virgin Mary." A pair of hands placed themselves on my waist.

I shoved them off and kept walking. This is why I hated leaving school late. People like Rah Rah always gave me a hard time.

Laughter erupted from the car. "Baby chill, you know you want this dck."

Frustrated I stopped walking and face him. He had that big stupid smirk on his light skin face. Rah Rah was the smooth guy that could get any girl he wanted. He was an asshole if you asked me. He played girls.