Another Disappointment

WARNING: this chapter contains violence. If you don't care for it skip over it, you've been warned.

Jace placed the laptop on his dining table, while I took a seat on the black couch. He roamed around, while I looked around admiring his place.

The color scheme was red, white and black. The walls were white or cream and his furniture was mostly black with red decor.

"All you gotta do is send it to the printer, it's wireless," he said walking down his short hallway. He disappeared into a room on the right.

This was a really nice setup he has. He even has a small patio. I never wanted to leave.

When he emerged he now had on a grey cut sleeved shirt and black gym shorts.

"Playing ball?" I asked.

He laughed before walking into the kitchen. "Na, getting comfortable. You can uh take your jacket off if you want. I know you're probably hot or somethin."

"No." I rushed.

He exited the kitchen and just stared at me. It was as if he was reading everything about me. Those soft, sincere big eyes were looking through me, I just knew it.

"I've never met anyone like you," he admitted before making his way toward me, then taking a seat beside me. "So what you writing?" I could smell Calvin Klein cologne on him. He was a nice, smooth smell. Wasn't loud or too much like Dranko's cheap cologne.

"I-I sleep in class a lot...so um," I looked to him and got lost in his fascinated gaze. When I realized I was probably drooling I looked back to the computer and said, "why sleeping isn't okay."

I could feel his stare blazing on the side of my face. I ached to look but it would have made the situation awkward. What I didn't expect was for him to scoot closer, gently brushing his arm against mine.

To say I wanted to soak in his touch would be a lie, I didn't. It made me feel uncomfortable. That feeling was never going to go away. And I solely blamed Dranko.

Quickly scooting two inches away I kept my head low.

"I was just trying to help you with the computer. Ain't mean to make you feel all outta shape and shit," he scoffed.

I felt bad that I offended him but I wasn't going to pretend to be okay with it. Nodding my head I glanced at him, "It's...not you. I'm...sorry."

Silence fell over for what felt like an hour. Then Jace stood from the couch and made his way back into the kitchen. I heard a few things rattling around.

Was he planning on killing me and mutilating my body? Was my time already up? I placed the laptop on the couch before standing. Hopefully ten dollars can get me back home.

As I made my way to the door, the rattling stopped. "Yo where you going?"

I looked over my shoulder at a bucket of candy and a two liter in his hands. Confusion was written all over his face.

"I thought you'd want me to go..." I trailed off.

He placed the things on this wooden counter placed in the center of his kitchen. Then looked back to me. "Na I was trying to make you feel more comfortable...what's with you?"

It wasn't an insult more like a genuine curious question. But the fact to the matter was I didn't want him in my damn business. He wasn't going to help me, probably abandon me.

"I'm sorry," I said again turning around and headed back to the couch. I placed the laptop back on my lap and started looking up a way to type my paper. "Um...where do I go?"