Chapter 32: Preparation

Holy crud I FINALLY finished. It's so long- I really hope you guys enjoy it.

Also thanks again for your comments- they're seriously great.

________________________________________________________________________________

When my mother came home late that evening, she thanked us for the groceries and asked what we bought with the rest of the money. She was really surprised to find that I bought prune juice and laughed, asking if I was having any laxation problems. Shawn laughed with her. She used the groceries that we bought to cook a huge batch of lasagna, using half of it for our dinner and put the other half in the fridge for her coworker... Leo or something.

After our late dinner, my mother announced that she was 'absolutely pooped' and left to go to bed. Shawn and I shortly followed suit and went up to my room. After we chatted a bit about what we were going to do before the dinner party, I took out my phone to text my friends and he started typing away on his laptop again. As usual, I fell asleep to the sound of him typing.

I awoke the next morning because I felt extremely warm. That was weird, considering the fucking window had been smashed through by a brick and it was still winter (though we were in California). Eyes still closed, I attempted to kick of the covers, only to find that I couldn't move my feet. In fact, I felt abnormally heavy...

My eyes flew open to see what the hell was going on. Good news, I was still in my room. Bad news, the one keeping me warm as fuck was Shawn.

His body was pressed flat up against mine; his front pressing against my back. One of his arms was wrapped tightly around my waist, while he had somehow gotten the other arm under my head for me to use as a pillow. The reason that I wasn't able to kick off the covers was because his legs were entangled with mine.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. This was a major leap away from holding my hand in my sleep. "Shawn?" I called out behind me. No answer.

After a couple of moments, I realized that he was still asleep. I could feel his slow and steady breaths against the back of my head and his heartbeat was steady against my back.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh. Did he only sleep in when it was fucking awkward for me?! I opened my mouth to yell at him, but then paused; the guy hardly ever slept, and judging from our current situation, he probably didn't sleep that much last night either. Also, if we were going get out of tonight's event unscathed, having him at top energy would be ideal (though it didn't sound like he depended much on sleep... because he was a fucking vampire or something).

I sighed again, this time to myself. Was I seriously fucking thinking about letting him continue to spoon me!? Augh, well, it could just make up for the consensual kiss I didn't end up giving him yesterday. That way Shawn couldn't force me to pay up later with a french or some shit. Yeah.

I slowly reached my arm to the bedside table and picked up my phone. I unlocked it with one hand and looked to the time on the home screen. It was almost seven in the morning. I usually slept till later, but Shawn's hot body woke me up... -and fuck, by hot I meant warm body temperature!

To get my mind off of the uncomfortable situation I was in (and why I was letting it happen) I started playing around on my phone and texting. It didn't really work, and before long, I was speculating why the fuck I was letting Shawn cuddle with me and why I so calm about it. The last time I found him in bed with me I freaked out! Why not this time? In fact... recently I'd been a lot more comfortable with him. Eh, it was probably just because this time we had a common enemy, instead of our previous situation where he was always the damn enemy. But... that didn't fucking explain why I was letting him fucking cuddle with me! Fucking shit. I decided to do the unhealthy thing and buried those dangerous questions into the back of my mind. There, problem avoided.