Chapter 26: Breaking Barriers

Thanks so much for your patience as I slowly overcame writersblock!

warning, a crap ton of this chapter has Shawn being as pissed off as Jake normally is. Please enjoy.

______________  ____________ _________ _______________ _ _ _______________

It had been about two hours since Shawn handcuffed us together. I was sitting on the couch leaning as far away from Shawn as possible as he typed one handedly on his laptop silently, the other arm outstretched with mine. My bladder was in pain and I seriously needed to go to the bathroom.

I thought that making it so that Shawn couldn’t type with both hands would inconvenience him enough to un-handcuff me long enough to go to the bathroom. Apparently he didn’t need both hands to type efficiently…

“Shawn.” I said, breaking the long silence. “My bladder is about to implode- please just uncuff me long enough to take a piss.” I begged.

“No. We’re going together or not at all.” He said frankly, eyes never leaving his computer screen.

“I’m not letting you go to the damn bathroom with me.” I grumbled. “Do you want to wait at the door or something? Seriously, where’s the logic in making me get a urinary tract infection?”

“You might jump out the window.” Shawn stated, eyes glued to the screen.

I frowned. “Why?”

Shawn looked away from his laptop to glare at me. “You tell me.”

“I won’t jump out the window. I don’t have a freaking reason too.” I reasoned. “So let me go to the godamn bathroom.”

Shawn scoffed. “You’ll just find a loophole. Like ‘oh I climbed out of the window, I didn’t technically jump’. And it’s not true that you don’t have a reason; you could do it just to make me mad.” He said bitterly.

“So that you can angrily molest me again? No thanks.” I countered. “I can’t lie Shawn- can’t you just accept that I won’t go out the window and let me piss in peace?” I asked, wincing when I felt another pang from my bladder.

“No.” He answered immediately. Son of a bitch!

 “…Fine! Let’s go.” I said in defeat, standing up and pulling his wrist.

Shawn closed his laptop with a smug smirk and stood up to follow me.

Once we got up to the bathroom we walked over to the toilet. I paused a moment to think. “Uh, turn around Shawn.” I said.

Without protest, he turned around so that we were back to back.

After making sure Shawn wasn’t looking, I moved to unzip my fly. I suddenly froze. “I’m right handed.” I muttered.

“Yeah? So am I.” Shawn replied from behind me.

“No! I mean my right hand is cuffed to your left! And I’m right handed!” I said agitatedly. “I’ll get piss everywhere if I try to pee with my left.”

“…Then pee with your right.” Shawn said.

“But… then your hand will be near my…” I said, a bit embarrassed.

Oh no.” He said sarcastically.

“You think I trust your hand being so close to my wood ?” I said crossly.

Shawn scoffed. “Guess not.”

I took a deep breath. “Fuck it, I’m taking a piss- just don’t move your hand.” I muttered, unzipping my pants so I could relieve my aching bladder. As I peed, I kept a wary eye on Shawn’s hand in case it moved.