Ch 7. This Is The Part Where I Break Free

Start from the beginning

I started laughing " The Indominus Rex."

       Clair sighed. "We needed something scary, and easy to pronounce. You should hear a four year old try to say 'Arceothromithomimus'".

She looked at me before walking in.

"You should hear you try to say it" I scoffed.

We finally got into the viewing window and I saw nothing but trees.

"So what's this thing made of" I ask.

"The base genno is a T-Rex, the rest is classified" she replies calmly.

I stare at her for a bit" you made a new Dinosaur and you don't even know what it is" I questioned.

" the lab brings us the finished assets and we show them to the public. Can we drop a steer please" she says quickly to the worker at the side. He looks at her before sighing and pushing a button .

"How long has the animal been in here?" I ask.

"All its life" she says easily.

"Never seen anything outside these walls?" I state.

"We can't exactly walk it" she says sarcastically.

I see a big chunk of meat being lowered by a crane into the pen. " and you feed it with that?".

"Is there a problem"

"Animals raised in isolation aren't always end the most functional" I state.

"Your raptors are born in captivity" she says swiftly.

"With siblings, they learn social skills and I imprint on them when their born. There's trust. The only positive relationship this animal has is with that crane. At least he knows that means food" I fire back.

Clair starts walking toward me " so he needs a friend, we should schedule a play dates that sort of thing" I knew what she was implying. She was thinking of bringing Rebecca to this...thing.

"Probably not a good idea" I say.

She starts tapping the glass and whispers under her breath " where is it"

"Well is it in the basement, downstairs, maybe it's in the rec room" I say sarcastically.

" He was just here, we were just here" she says walking over to the panel with screens showing video of every area in the enclosure.

She pushes a few buttons and hears a beep. That sound goes off multiple times. I start walking over to the other side of the viewing room and see scratch marks on the wall.

"Oh no" I say deeply.

" that doesn't make any sense" the guard says, chewing down the rest of his burger. " these doors haven't opened in weeks".

I finally speak up " those claw marks, always end been there". I say pointing at the wall.

Clair walks over, almost in a trance " you think it" she starts.

"Oh no" she breaths out.

"He has an implant in her back I can track it from the control room" she starts walking off.

Meanwhile two guards and I go check out the enclosure and stand by that wall.

The big one speaks up and asks "almost forty feet high, do you really think he could have climbed out"

" it depends" I state

"On what"

" what kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab".

Suddenly there's a scratchy voice that sounds frantic coming out of the speaker.

"Paddock.........11...........control ...........out.......out.....do.. You..copy"

The guard turns to his wally talky " ya, what's the problem"

"It's in the cage, it's in there with you."

I quickly shout "go" and start running.

Suddenly I see the big white nightmare right in front of me. I turn and run towards the other exit that's now opening, running as fast as I can, the other guard close behind me. I hear a swish and a crunch but don't look back.

I somehow knew the other guard was dead. As I race to the exit it starts to close so I race faster. I make it out and hear a large bang and some roaring.

I quickly slide under a near by car and hold still.

I see the gate get pushed open forcefully and watch as big white feet stomp out. I notice the other guard in front of a car and meet his eyes. I get awful knowing that I couldn't do anything to help.

I can see tears rushing down his face as he looks at one side of the car, then looks terrified, he meets my gaze again and excepts his death. The car is suddenly flipped over and he flinches before getting scooped up and never seen again.

I realise that the hybrid would come for me next. So I pull out my knife and cut the gas line of the car and spread it all over me until I'm drenched.

I see the jaws of the Indominus at the side of the car, sniffing for any sign of life, before growling and moving along into the forest.

I let out a sigh of relief before realising that the I-Rex was headed straight for Rebecca.

______________\__________

Sweet guys. Longest chapter yet. I'm so happy. It took me a while cause I had to click the movie then pause it then type there lines, then click the movie then pause it, then type their lines. It may seem easy but it tiring.

It may be about three or four days till I update. Sorry :(

But life is life.

I'll see ya later ;)

Tyler Rae