Chapter 2 it only takes one time

I stepped out of Derek's 2004 Honda he claimed his job is shitty but he can pay for a car like this. Looking around my surroundings I saw boys I used to play tag with and hang out with on the corners either gambling or smoking weed probably waiting on a crack head to come to buy their next fix, kids playing at the run down park, women doing hair on the street side and men drinking and arguing about their favorite rapper. I haven't been home much during the days since I met Devon people I used to talk to everyday became strangers. Even some of the girls I grew up with with Ivey stopped speaking to me because I acted like I was better than them I acted as if they were beneath me and actually we were the same I lived the same place as them I was in another world while I hang out with Ivey and Devon and the other kids I thought were my friends what I didn't realize is that after they left me at the bus stop they were going back to their mansions and I was back to where I was from with the people I ignore or acted better than the only difference was I went to a different school than them.

I was "a problem child" as what my mother calls me. I would leave for school and not return home for days without calling or texting her leaving her worried my dad didn't care though he ignore my presence most the times anyways. I'd either stay with Ivey or Devon just to escape reality sometimes I hated where I lived and I hated how we lived sometimes I had wished someone could adopt me I even begged Ivey mom a couple times too. Sometimes I wonder why mom sent me to Richmond High or how the hell they could afford to do so.

I closed my door and turned to Derek "well this is my home".

"I see, you're not giving your man a kiss before you leave?"

I smiled at the memories of last night he really saved my fucked up night. i couldn't keep that smile of my face "well are you going to get out the car".

He got out and walked towards me and pinned me to the car and started kissing me and squeezing my ass, I noticed he liked doing that.

He pulled away "let me stop before your pops come out and shoot a nigga" he stated and chuckle.

"Actually he's not here he left for work already my mom's probably getting ready to leave".

"So basically you babysit your brother all day?" he asked kissing me. I really liked his kisses Devon's where shit compared to his.

"No I don't, this is probably the first in 2 years I've been home at this time" I felt disappointed at myself I held my head down.

"Don't worry about it ma we all do fucked up shit but we eventually realize sometimes it's too late but we still realize, I got to go though call me later" he kissed me one more time before getting in his car.

"I will" I waved at him as he drove off.

I let out a deep sigh as I turned towards my apartment building hanging with him had made the pain go away but walking towards the building reality kicked in I walked by the bullet holes at the door some were fresh and some were from years ago I remembered one specifically that's where my friend died when I was 13 she was my closest friend since Ivey had left, yes she once lived here too, my mom saved my life that day by calling me up I was mad cause I wanted to play and talk about the boys I had a crush on with her but hearing those gunshots and the screaming from the many that died that day because of some idiots killing each other over power and money I had learnt that my mom had called me at the right time and wondered if she had seen it before it had happened. I miss her sometimes she's all I had here other than Hannah I think that was one of my reasons for not wanting be here I was scared to die and I'm not ready to die. I walked up the old staircase that hasn't been fixed for years kids have gotten stuck in the cracks on the steps even the railings were chopped I remember cutting myself on it when I was eight. I walked down the hall to my apartment these walls haven't been painted in years they have stripped right back to the dry cement.