Chapter 1 When i met...

They met at the night of her prom. She walked down the streets of Chicago barefooted with her heels in hand. With no phone, no money and worst of all no one. She had caught them red handed fucking on the bed which was to be shared by her and the man she thought was her Prince Charming, seeing them broke her heart she stood there watching the man she had plan on marrying and having children with fucking her best friend with no remorse or care if she had walked in on them.

"How could you?" She uttered.

Leaving both in shock they stopped immediately. She shook her head wondering why were they shocked they had to have known she would come up to the room after noticing both of them had left the dance. He ran towards her when he noticed she was backing away she turned towards the bed where her best friend since 4 hid under the sheets stating "it's not what you think". That one fucking cliché line made her even more angry than before she looked at the man before her the one who had taken her virginity only a year ago stating "she was the best he ever had" and "there will never be another as long as I'm with you" she felt disgusted and dirty just looking at him he held her heart for four fucking years.

He took her looking at him as a cue to apologize she had always forgiven him no matter what he did "I'm sorry" he pleaded with no emotion.

She looked at her friend once more then at the man who shattered her heart and spat in his face for that weak ass apology he had done enough to her over the years and looking back she looked like a weak bitch a person she normally laughed at with Ivey her best friend. After realizing what she had done she ran out the hotel room.

Walking the streets of Chicago she reminisced on the night she thought would be the best memory of her life that she dreamt about ever since 15, and how it had turned into the worst. She didn't know this part of town much but she had been there with her older sister Hannah a couple times to know where the bus stop was. She was miles away from home she sat at the lonely bus stop which was dark as the time she sat there midnight.

She knew it was dangerous but violence was something she was used to growing up in west side Chicago. Her only escapes we're hanging with her best friend well ex best friend Ivey, school and the love of her life her Prince Charming Devon. She wasn't as fortunate as them but her parents tried their best for her and her baby brother Xavier or X as she would call him. Her elder sister Hannah left home 5 years ago after getting pregnant with her niece Lilly-Ann.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be at a spot like this so late "she heard a voice say. She was scared shitless now more than ever but she couldn't let that show she had learn that from growing up in West Side Chicago.

"Well I am what you gonna do" she spat.

"A feisty one I see, we'll I didn't mean to offend you ma" "but you do know where you at right?" he asked

"I know I'm just waiting on a bus" he chuckled at that "you do know the next bus doesn't arrive until 5:00am it's only 1:30 now" he stated after looking at his watch.

"We'll I guess I have 3hrs and 30mins to wait then huh" she asked sarcastically.

"Smart ass I see, why you sitting out here in a prom dress with no shoes on crying I bet it's over some lame ass nigga too" he stated looking at her attire and her tear stained cheek shaking his head wondering why this beautiful girl was sitting here alone.

" that's none of your fucking business" she spat staring up at his figure he looked about 5'8 the same height as her he wasn't muscular like Devon but he was attractive none the less.

"You got a potty mouth, but for real ma you can't be out here it's not safe out here you need a ride or something".

"I don't know you" she stated calmer now.